When I woke this morning I noticed my right eyelid is quite swollen(to the point where it is visibly more closed than the other) and I have a small lump on the upper part of the eyelid. It is painful to the touch as well. The swelling goes down a little from hot compresses but aside from that it is still swollen.Does anyone know what this might be and what I could do to treat it?

I think you are having blood deficiency. you should take iron rich diet.

Divya

Well,
If I am not mistaking this is caused by chalazion. Chalzion is a lump that usually is located on your eyelid and it can cause obstructions to your drainage duct and the oil gland in the upper lid. The problem here is that it often causes the swelling of the eyelid. How long have you been having this problem? Have you noticed any redness or pain in the eyelid? You can try to compress warm handkerchief to the eyelid in order to ease the swelling and try to massage it gently. You can not try to pop chalazion because you will have much pain and things can only get complicated.

All the best,
Nelie