Here's the jist of it.. I had pink eye a week before I came back to college around August 26th. I was given eye drops to use, I used them for a complete 7 days as instructed, and it seemed to go away. About half way through September, my lower left eye lid swelled up again and has not gone down since. I went back to see the doctor and he said I was experiencing an allergic reaction to the drops, because I thought I had pink eye again and my mother instructed me to use the drops until she could get me in to the doctor. I stopped using the drops, and the swelling STILL has not gone down.

My eyes don't itch all the time, but they do itch from time to time. My lower left eyelid is swollen and when I stretch my eyelid to see inside, there is this red stringy material kinda of stuff (so confused!!) that is not in my right eye. My top right eyelid is a bit swollen towards the tear duct. I don't know what's going on. If anyone has any information or any help at all, please let me know. I'm trying to get in to see the doctor again this weekend. Replys would be much appreciated. Here are some pics as well to get a better understanding.

There is also just a bit of crusty stuff on my lower left eyelid, the one that is swollen really bad. Replies would be much appreciated! Thank you

-Jackie[/img]

I have had the exact same thing happen to me..except I got severe pink eye the day before spring break this march.. My eye ended up looking the same way about 5 weeks later. My friend has had it happen to him twice in his life.. pretty annoying!
For us, It was a swelling that the optomitrist really didn't know much about. She said it could be allergies or an infection..but the the best advice I can give you is :

Stay clear of ANY makeup around your eyes for the next week to week and a half.. and THROW AWAY all eye makeup you have, buy new stuff ( it sucks and is expensive for us girly girls, but its important!) I use an eye drop by bausch & Lomb in conjunction with the med. prescribed by my dr.

Hope you get well soon!

From what i can picture it you have a cyst or a sty its a lump by the tear duct. This appears when the tear duct is blocked and their is a build up of liduid. Also if not treated it becomes infected and the lump will have a yellow head on it.......ive had three cysts in my eye previously and now i have another one. If it is a cyst then the doctor will prescribe chloramphenicol eye cream or eye drops. Also to do hot compresses on teh eye works wonders for the sweeling and id press hard enough the cyst may burst and will stop causing such irritation but if the syst does burst when hot compressing you should still use the cream for the amount of days you have been told.