Users comments and reviews on article Possible causes of eyelid swelling by Danny

good but still no clue about the drugs involved in causing the swelling.

I did get the information i was looking for.

i'm glad i read this article. i have two of the items listed here which may explain the swelling. i have kidney issues and allergies, i hope thats why my eyelids are swollen i hope it goes away! :-(

i woke up this morning and i had a swollen eyelid, i could barely open it and i couldn't figure out why. it's never happend before, and after a few hours it went away. i don't really have any of the symptoms from above, but i have had a slightly unnormal sleeping pattern recently, could this possibly be the cause?

my right eyelid has been sore and a little swollen last few days but when i woke up this morn the swelling has got worse and also have a headache. I was trying to get info if this was another on set to bells palsy. I was diagnosed with bells palsy last may and all the medical professionals told me it will always come back. I got a little bit of info here but guess not really what i was looking for.

good informations.

3 WEEKS AGO MY EYELID SWELLED UP AND I STARTED USING WARM COMPRESSES TO GET IT DOWN. IF I HOOLER OR BLINK MY EYES I GET A SHAP PAIN IN MY EYE AND GET A HEADACHE. THIS WEEK THE SWELLING IS UNDER MY EYE AND I HAVE THE SAME SYMPTOMS AS BEFORE. I WONER IS THAT A RESULT FROM MY DRY EYES. WILL CONSULT A DOCTOR TOMORROW

well. This is nice to know that there are so many reasons why my eyelid could have swollen. I can't rub anymore cos it hurts. And i probably caused this situation by rubbing my eyelids a lot.. especially the right side.. which is the one swollenn.. as I'm right handed and it's a habit to scratch now. Except that it hurts.. Been on for 2 days now..
I heard hot compresses would work to releive the pain.

What else can i do to cure/release pain?? You didn't mention.

I know it's not.. Con....tivitis.. cos no discharge etc... but it's monsoon here in india and such infections are rampant,, but this is the first time and I did wear a contact lens before this happened.. :-(

I also did wear make up..!! That could have caused it!

I woke up yesterday and the outside of my right eye was swelled just a bit and i thought nothing of it, then this morning i woke up and it would hardly open. I went to see a doctor but she told me nothing and came to the conclusion that since there were no scratches on the surface that it must be a bug bite. She recomended benadryl for the swelling. I took one and it hasnt gone down, my eye is sitting halfway open and its starting to sag. Is this really a bug bite or could it be something else? Should I get a second opinion?

well my mom has a swollen eyelid an she is workin hard. could it be dust they are doin work by us and it is dusty

I woke up this morning, and i could barely open my eye. i could open it a little but not much. its red on the top part of my eyelid. it does not itch or burn or hurt. i am not allergic to anything. i just got an allergy test done not too long ago and nothing showed up. i haven't wore make up or anything that could've caused it!! i put a warm washcloth on it this morning and it went down alot. now my eye is completely opened but still swelled a little. any ideas on what it is???

is this a blog and a venting session? I too have a swollen eye lid today and i dont see any answers above!!

a coworker just had the same thing' now my mind is going a hundred miles an hour thinking is it bugs in the building, is someone not washing there hands at work and leaving there dirt on local office surfaces. etc etc etc....

ill go to the DR.

my left eyelid has swalloned for the past 3years, i wore specs from 7th std, now im 38yrs.
i met eyespecialist in our town, they asked my younger stages photographs to know the lid(upperpart). i couldnt findout the reason for this. let me know why?

Email: ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use