Hi, i've had a stye for a very long time now, i would say like almost 2 years now...i only recently asked my doctor about it, he told me to put a hot compresse on my eye for 10 to 15 mins and he prescribed me the polysporin for styes. It's deffenitly not as big as it was, i don't always put a hot compresse on it everyday , i don't always have time, but will it ever go away if i keep doing what the doctor told me?...i mean it doesn't exactly look like a normal stye since it doesn't have a white head and the bump is pretty hard.....

The first symptoms of a stye are generally redness, tenderness, and pain in the affected area. The eye may feel irritated or "scratchy." Later symptoms can include swelling, discomfort during blinking of the eye, watering of the eye, and sensitivity to light. A common sign of a sty is a small, yellowish spot at the center of the bump that develops as puss expands in the area.

You are doing the right thing for a stye with the warm compresses. Also, systemic (oral) antibiotics are recommended for persistent or multiple styes. Over-the-counter pain medications may be used to alleviate pain and tenderness. Contact lenses and eye makeup should never be worn during treatment for a stye.

Hope that helps a little too. Thanks and good luck to you!

Hi:
My dad struggled with styes when I was growing up. I believe he had a procedure done to remove a stye. Is this something that you've looked into? I would imagine that it's very uncomfortable and annoying, especially if it's very hard. Check into any procedures that might remove the stye. Have you seen an opthomologist to discuss the possible dangers to your eye if you could have it removed? I'm also wondering what the effects are of putting a compress on your eye frequently as well as having polysporin so close to your eye. Those are questions that I would certainly ask. Check with those professionals that might have valuable input when dealing with your eye. Get back to me and perhaps by that time I can reach my dad to see exactly what he did to have his stye removed and how it is that he has not struggled with that problem recently.

A couple of years is WAY too long to have a stye! If the recommended treatment by the doctor doesn't clear it up in a week, see him again. He may want to prescribe an antibiotic such as Doxycycline.

Hi
Did you find a solution for the stye? What else can be done besides compresses? Have you hear a permanent solution? If you are still being told that you have to live with this, I would disagree. Find an expert in this area to get some other options. If you have already, please let us know what you've found out so that others can benefit from your experience. We will be waiting to hear from you. Take care.

I have the same problem , and its messing with my vision. the fake eye doctor called it blepheritis, my nurse practitioner girl friend said that he is wrong . I been trying to use hot compresses and it wont go away.

hello, i have this bump on my eye for more than 5 months now. i have decided i am not going to call it sty since none of the treatments prescribed to confront it have unfortunately let me down. heres what i did.

1. saw a doctor who gave me a few pills and told me to use hot compresses.. did not work. it got bigger through the following month

2. i saw an eyespecialist 4 times after which he decided to give me an eye excision. it was a relief to see fluid emptying from it but it started deteriorating just before i could sigh.

3. i have been seeing the same doctor after it. today he was clueless of what to do next. i am due to see another doctor in 2 weeks. until then, i have to live with an extra ball in my eye-field. 

warning. DO NOT NEGLECT A STY in its early stages. it doesn't visit, it lives.

since ALL of the treatments let me down* (sorry)

I've have 3 stys. It's been almost a year. I've been prescribed antibiotic drops, ointment and two kinds of pills and nothing has really changed.  They might be a little smaller than before and vary in redness. I've seen 3 doctors. 

Hot compresses and eyelid scrubs with baby shampoo nearly every day. 

Nothing seems to eradicate

Hi I'm in the same boat as you. I've had a stye on each eye for over a year. I've done compresses, baby shampoo, and even the surgery but nothing healed them. The Baby shampoo did make a big difference but lately it has mad my eyelids larger which is exactly what I don't need since they are already very large due to the styes. I know this isn't a resolution but I know were you all are coming from bc it can be hard to even go in public, I have problems looking other in the eye now because when I do the rub their eyes which is very embarrassing. Styes are ruining my life !!!!!

Hello, I've had a stye for 8 months now. I've tried the pills, ointment. I was also using the hot compress but only in the morning and at night. I believe I should have done the hot compress more durning the day. I'm scheduled for minor surgery in Jan. to remove the stye. I'm a bit worried about it.

ive had my ugly sty from satan for about almost two yrs now,,, i try the hot compressions th esty eye relief but ntn ever works its jst their;..( i hate it bcuz it makes me self concious nd also makes my left eye appear as if it is a lazy eye,,, it depresses me idk what else to do i want this nightmare to end;...(

I have the exact same issue...it seems like it has disfigured my face...I have medicaid insurance and I was told it happens as u get older..I knew it was bs when the id**t student dr said it..I know if I still had my work insurance..I would have gotten this taken care two yrs ago..but I play with the cards I am dealt with. So if anyone knows how I can get some help please let me know....It has dropped myself esteem from 8 to 3...

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Same deal.  I have a stye on one eye (bottom lid of my right eye).  It has been there for almost 2 years.  It doesnt hurt at all.  It has all of the characteristics of a Stye in terms of look and feel but without the pain.

I have given in to the fact that it is going to be there for a while.If it does go away, I will post here again.

I have the same problem. I have a stye on both of my eyes for a year or 2. I've done everything my doctor has said and more but did not shrink.