I woke up yesterday a.m. with a small "pimple" on the inside of my lower eyelid. There is no pain or swelling and I don't remember any injury. The day before, I removed an eyelash from my eye, inserted my soft contacts and wore them longer than usual, including a seven hour plane flight. I 've stopped wearing my contact lenses. Any ideas what this is? Do I need to see a doctor?

Sounds like a stye. A stye (also spelled "sty") develops when a gland at the edge of the eyelid becomes infected. Resembling a pimple on the eyelid, a stye can grow on the inside or outside of the lid. Styes are not harmful to vision, and they can occur at any age.

Most styes heal within a few days on their own. You can encourage this process by applying hot compresses for 10 to 15 minutes, three or four times a day over the course of several days. This will relieve the pain and bring the stye to a head, much like a pimple. The stye ruptures and drains, then heals.

Never "pop" a stye like a pimple; allow it to rupture on its own. If you have frequent styes, your eye doctor may prescribe an antibiotic ointment to prevent a recurrence.

Thanks for your response. I've had a stye before and this seems different. It's not on the edge of the eyelid--it's almost like a little round ball way down inside. In have to pull my lower eyelid down to see it. I'll try the compresses, though, and see if that helps.

It's possible your contacts could have caused an irritation on the inner eyelid, resulting in a small point source infection. It should clear in a few days. If not, then of course, see your doctor or optomatrist.

I have this as well its like a tough round ball that you can feel from the outside of your eye lid, toward the top of the eye lid. Feels round and hard, i dont know what this is but maybe it could have something to do with an infection because of the contacts. It doesn't hurt either, its just a little red. anyone know? plz respond soon.

I have one too.. its on the top of my eyelid, the edge of the inside though.
And it feels like a bruise, it hurts like one. Even when I'm washing my face, etc, it hurts. My mom said it can be solved with a needle when it is "mature" ..

never pop it!!

Why should you not pop it?

:-( 8-| I HAVE THIS TOO. STARTED YESTERDAY AND WHEN I SHOWERED THIS MORNING (THINKING MABY DIRT IN MY EYE) IT BURNS REALLY BAD NOW. BIG BUMP INSIDE CORNER OF MY EYE W/ PIMPLE LIKE HEAD UNDER EYELID. I WON'T POP IT THOUGH DON'T WANT TO SPREAD THE INFECTION. WILL KEEP IT CLEANED AND KEEP MY "EYE" ON IT. XD

umm i have a style on my unlid too and i wear contacts, should i stop wearing them?? because the style been there for nearly a whole month now and its not going away

i hav one too :( im 14 this year and im scared :( cn anyone tell me wat to do? it will go off rite? D:

I just popped one I had I'm scared am I gona die?:(

Yes you are...

Quote:

Quote:

Yes you are...

Mine is also a pimple on my upper eyelid on the soft tissue area but its not a stye ...it does not hurt like one ..and I did try to use a fairly warm tea bag on it ..but that did not make it go away ..mine goes away but will come back its been this way for maybe 3 weeks now ..an has moved to the lower eyelid too but goes away there too ..making it redder but not a pimple there...I have no clue as to where it came from .. but worried its something more major ..it pops on its own then within a couple days comes back ...

My husband had a bump it pop and theres lil hole on his eye lid but wen the liquid came out his eye burned so. Bad now it been 3 weeks and burning come and goes he gets headache from it what came this be?