Greetings of peace. I am male, 58 years old and I would like to ask a question regarding some symptoms I am having with hopes that someone might be able to tell me what it might be. I know I should have gone to a doctor but financial contraint is preventing me to do so. Here are the symptoms:
1. I have chronic indegestion, I take 20 mg. of bisacodyl every night before I sleep to get an urge of bowel movement in the morning, it works alright but I feel that not all of the waste in my stomach are being released. So I feel that my stomach is always full and I do not feel the usual ugre of bowel movement in the morning anymore without taking bisacodyl before I sleep.
2. I also feel like there is always food in my throat, that is whether I eat or not. And my stomach produces to much gas which helps in the feeling of bloatedness. It also seems that my intistines have gone smaller or narrower since my bowels have become smaller in diameter.
3. In the last few days, I have started getting this feeling of, not necessarily pain, but fatigue/pressure or tenderness in at my back waist line, up to the back rib cage. The sensation is strong when I wake up everytime I sleep, and wears down only when I start to do my daily routines and chores. I also feel mild numbness in my feet, specially the soles.
4. My stomach also produces too much gas and my problem is I and my problem is it dont discharge easily. I have to exert an effort to push it out. The same with burping.

I am just wondering if anyone is experiencing something similar to this or if there is a doctor who might know what this may be. I am starting to fear that the symptoms are of more serious medical problems, but since medical check ups and medications cost a lot here in the Philippines I could not avail of them. I have no job and income and I am supporting three daughters in colleges and the meager amount that I saved when I worked abroad is slowly but surely depleting. God bless and many thanks!

I would appreciate it very much if you could please send your replies directly tp

Worst case scenario is colon cancer. But it could just be gastric or intestinal upset. Try bulk-forming laxatives such as psyllium instead of chemical laxative. Bulk-forming laxative will help you evacuate more completely as it causes the large intestine to enlarge. Also take digestive enzyme supplements (lipase, amylase, protease). This will help you digest foods more completely, reducing the formation of toxic chemicals in your GI tract. Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, and drink plenty of water. Find a chi kung master and practice chi kung. Chi kung exercises improve intestinal peristalsis, and help push along your bowel movement.

It doesn't sound to me like you have a serious issue although I do think that it would be worth talking to a doctor about it because it does sound like it needs to be checked out. I think that if you're going to see anyone it should be a GI specialist so you can have them look at your entire digestive system. Does that make sense?