Pain in the left hip area can invade stomach/groin and leg to foot if the nerve is caught.
To release the nerve, there is something you can try that will NOT add more problems.
With right hip against kitchen counter, lift your left leg onto counter. kind of crossing over. be gentle and slow. take your time.
bend your knee if necessary.
When comfortable and relaxed, breathe, twist the upper part of your body at the waist to the LEFT away from the counter, turning toward your back and bringing your left arm back also. Do NOT turn your leg too. Keep it straight on the counter.
This is not an extreme move but just enough to visualize your hip joint opening slightly from this bit of a stretch so the nerve can be released. Hold the postion for the count of 5 then slowly and gently straighten up and again slowly bring your leg down to standing position. Although the area will remain inflamed, this should bring relief if there is a pinched nerve involved. If not, all will still be the same.
good luck.

well i tried i guess i will have to wait for my x=rays to find out what is going on but ty for trying to help. :-D

I beleive that I have just that and it has gone on for over four months. I believe that I need personal help.

I have been dealing w/ this for 17 yrs. And all my doc's do is prescribe pine meds that I am tired of. If your a femal this pain can cause some issues in your love life. I am 46 and at times feel as if i'm going to lose my left leg do to this situation. This has become so bad that theropy can't help. So all that are suffering with this I pray for you. Good Luck.

Try accupuncture. It may work for you.

had hip replacement and did not help. so I can' t follow your cure

I just tried this and was surprised how very effective it was!

Thank you SO much!

Very helpful - thank you!

I just tried this and it was instant relief.  Thank you!!

There are physical therapists that work on pelvic pain. They do internal release of trigger points. It really works. Read the book a headache in the pelvis by David Wise and Rodney Anderson. Hope this helps

Many many thanks, it hurt to lift the left leg up onto the counter, but relief was instant

I just tried this.....amazing! I just hope it lasts. I was diagnosed with a pinched nerve two months ago ...this is the first time I have
had any relief!

Hi theropy did not work for me it made the pain worse. I tried the water theropy it started to help more then the gym theropy. It was much more relaxing and strenthened my legs. That was a good start for me. Then I started doing Tai Chie Chi Kung, this form of Tai Chi stretches and lengthen the muscles.It has helped me walk better and with much less pain.If you try this purchase the Healthy Living brand comes on one DVD it will have Inch loss yoga and Introduction to Tai Chi Chi Kung on the cover. It has helped me become more mobile. Take Care

What did you try? That worked for your pinched nerve?

Thank you just told possible left side waist area pinched nerve Dr has me on pain meds and lyrica I'm fighting back no pain meds for me I'll try anything one need to get my health back this is a wake up call sitting 19 hrs a day at work time to get fit help if any more suggestions thank you