Hi. I'm sixteen years old and for my entire life I've had stomach and intestinal problems. I am 5'4" and weigh about 105 pounds, and have absolutely no fat on my abdominal area. But after anything I eat or drink, without fail, my stomach begins to bloat and swell up. No matter what I eat or drink, and no matter how tiny the portion, this always happens. And the more I eat throughout the day, the bigger it gets. I can end up going from having a completely flat stomach to looking like I am six months pregnant. This extreme bloating and swelling does not subside. It may decrease a little after a bowel movement, but not enough to be noticable. The only way it will go down is if I sleep, but I have to get a lot of sleep for it to do so. And even after 10-12 hours of sleep, it still will not return to its original size by morning. This happens with every meal or beverage, no exceptions, for my entire life. It is also often accompanied by widespread abdominal pain. Sometimes it will be a vague, constant pain. At extreme cases it can be very sharp and intense. I've also had problems with constipation -- not having many bowel movements, or not feeling completely done after I have had one. This has gone on all my life, and I have been seeing a gastroenterologist for a while now, but we have come to no conclusions. No medications have made a difference, and I have not been diagnosed at all. I've tried various food diets, but it doesn't matter or make a difference as to what I eat. I am tired of suffering from pain, discomfort, and not being able to enjoy food without swelling up. What could be wrong, and what can I do?

do you have blood in your stool (does it look bright red or black and stick to the toilet bowl each time you flush)? have you done an upper and a lower GI? if those didn't show anything, have your doctor order you gastric or colon endoscopies. you might have ulcers someone in your digestive tract. i wouldn't postpone the endoscopies if you haven't done them. abdominal pain could indicate something very serious.

I have no blood in my stools. I've had upper and lower GI and endoscopies which showed nothing. This has been going on my whole life and no one can figure out what's wrong.

I have the EXACT same issue. Had every test there is. I'm also young, 17, been suffering from this years and years and years. I realise this question was posted 2 years ago, but this is the first exact match I have found for my symptoms. So, bump...

Sounds like a possible food allergy. Has celiac disease been ruled out?

well I have the same problem get up look ok drink water and my stomach gets big i look 5 months pregnant . which i'm not and i had everything done. now i can't breath very good from it as it happpens and i can eat anything and it happens plus i honestly do not have to eat and it happens now i'm very scared and i go to a new doctor thursday here i hope for some one to tell me something to help me out .

I know this post is really old but maybe someone browsing can get help from my response. You should be tested for gastroparesis. I was recently dx with it and have many of your symptoms.