I am a 25 year old male. I had a parasite just over a year ago, I was prescribed some antibiotics, the parasite went away after using the antibiotics.

Since then my stomach has never been the same. Every morning i would wake up and have a bowel movement immediately before eating. I would then eat something and then about 20 min after eating would have another bowel movement which was extremely loose or diarrhea like. It would feel like everything would come out in the second bowel movement and i would be extremely nauseas. I would be so nauseas that i wouldnt be able to eat anything for hours and my energy level would be drained. I tried forcing myself a few times to make myself eat but would end up throwing up.

I went to the regular doctor and I was tested 2 more times to see if i still had the parasite but it came back negative.

I then went to a gastrologist who ran some test for h pylori and it came back negative. He also did about 3 tests just to make sure. He did blood tests and tested me for other things but everything seemed normal. He then prescribed to me antacid pills such as zantac and told me to take fiber pills. The fiber really didnt do anything except make me constipated and when i lowered the dose it just went back to loose stools. I noticed as soon as i took the zantac the nasaeu went away. I was feeling much better. I would only end up having one bowel movement in the morning, but it was still loose, but it didnt feel like everything was coming out like before.

He then did an endoscopy just to make sure i didnt have something really bad and found that i had Esophagitis and gave me an inhaler. I took the inhaler for 2 months. I was feeling much better and just having the loose bowel movement but there was no nausea.

I was fine for about 6 months. Then i noticed my stomach started to act up again in the morning, multiple loose bowel movements with nausea. I noticed that the zantac was doing nothing. It lasted for a couple of weeks. I went back to the gastrologist and he prescribed align, a probiotic. I started taking the align and started to feel somewhat better and my bowel movements became more formed, but they were still loose and still in the morning. I was fine for another 2 months. Then it came back again and this time it was with diarrhea and the align was not helping much. I went to the doctor again and he prescribed glycopyrrolate twice a day. Ive been taking that for about 3 weeks and i dont see any difference in the way i feel. I still feel nauseas for a few hours after eating and having a bowel movement. Even if i dont eat i still have a loose bowel movement.

Ive tried bland diets to see if its what i eat that makes a difference. I see no difference when on bland diets. Ive tried cutting out wheat and dairy out of my diet, since some people are alergic. The doctor says it sounds like IBS, but im not so sure since its not affected by what i eat. Alcohol really upsets my stomach. At this point im willing to try other options. If someone has had similar symptoms.

My main symptoms in the morning is having loose bowel movement right after waking up. Feeling extremely nauseas after the bowel movement. Having dark yellow urine in the morning even if i drink lots of water the night before and urine is clear the night before it comes out dark yellow in the morning. Frequent burping and urinating after eating. The Nausea lasts until i eat again a few hours later. Some days I will two bowel movements both in the morning one right after the other and second one is usually diarrhea.

Also I have noticed that if i have a bowel movement later in the evening, i dont feel nauseas afterwords and its more formed and not loose.

I am a 27 year old male...and I gotta tell you, your problems sounds almost identical to mine. Since the middle of june this year, I have had loose stools off and on, mostly in the morning, mostly twice a morning. Then once in awhile, a movement at night, but its very small hard pieces, hard to pass, and not a lot. In the mornings, its usually right when I wake up, comes out very fast, many loose small pieces.

Its almost like im on a routine. I have no idea whats caused it, but I haven't seen a regular looking bowel in weeks. Have had almost every test, except for any major "oscopy" test. I have had 3 stool samples, blood tests, x-ray of small intestines, etc. All comes back ok.

Now my doctor wants me to do a breath test for lactose. My symptoms sounds like IBS, although I hear its mostly a woman's deal? I've had trouble being out with friends lately, because it always feels like I have to go. Sometimes i'll hit the bathroom, and nothing comes out after straining a few minutes. Other times, more loose stools, just not that much stool. I am even afraid to exercise right now...its taking over my life. I have had a few panic attacks, and anxiety, but this is robbing me of a normal life here.

Any suggestions?

Yeah mine sounds very similar to yours. I always have 2 bowel movements in the morning. Today i decided to not eat anything in the morning and i ended up not having a bowel movement right away. Then in the afternoon i ate something and almost immediately had a bowel movement but i wasnt feeling nearly as sick as i normally do afterwards. Its weird how its only in the morning i feel sick. By the afternoon im fine. Even when i lay down i can feel my stomach bubbling and making noise. It could have something to do with me laying down maybe.

Yeah my doctor suggested IBS too, but fiber is supposed to help if you have IBS. I took fiber for a couple of months and it did nothing but make me constipated. Plus Ive eaten spicy foods and had no problems with my stomach bubbling or having a bowel movement immediately afterwards. Ive even tried eating all bland and that didnt seem to do anything.

Im curious about yours. Did you have a parasite at one time? Or did yours just start from out of nowhere? Cause mine started when i had a parasite, before that i had no problems at all.

My next step is going to see a homeopathic doctor since the regular doctor cant seem to do anything for me.

Hey again,

No as far as I know, I've not had any parasites or infections or anything like that. I did have a brief problem with anxiety and had a couple panic attacks, and went to the er for one of them. It started around that time, but I have a hard time believing a panic attack can bring on months of gut problems...

I have heard stress can bring on IBS, but its just hard to believe. I think of that more as a "we can't find anything wrong, so it must be that" type of deal. I usually have two loose bowels a day, once in a while a third in the evening thats somewhat more normal looking. Then when I wake up, its loose again. I don't pass a whole lot of stool either.

Im not sure if there are more tests to do, I have gotten sick of being in and out of doctors offices so far, that can make depressed!

Hey, did either of you find out what was going on? I seem to be having the same type of issues... Let me know please? :-)

Hi again,
Still have not found out what is going on. I am on to gastro doc. #2, but I also have a fear of switching doctors too rapidly...still weird symptoms though - usually only 1 or 2 loose type bowels a day, not watery, but not formed either. I can usually see undigested bits of food, which has me somewhat worried, like I have got a mal-absorption thing going on.

Might be a zinc deficiency, that can cause sickness or poor appetite in the morning and can lead to other nutrient deficiencies. Hope this helps someone who might have these problems, have your doctor test your zinc levels.

Hey guys and gals,

I sympathize with you all. It's a terrible position to be in, trust me I know. I am a 21 year old female, never had a health problem in the world up until about 2 years ago. I'm not allergic to anything, my vision is 20/20, I've always been athletic and eaten healthy. I take very good care of my skin...blah blah blah. However, as I stated before about 2 years ago I began having stomach problems. It started out as loose stools. Every now and then for no seemingly particular reason. Of course I didn't worry too much about it. As time progressed though everything got worse. I had very frequent loose stools. I was nauseated very frequently. I had chest pain and lower abdomen cramping that was so bad I had to double over in pain. I would almost have a wreck if I was driving and the cramps hit me. Finally, in two months I lost over 20 lbs. I would eat two bites of food and be full at every meal. Food became disgusting to eat b/c it would make me feel so bad. It was interrupting my social life, my job, my education, so I decided that it must be time to go see the doctor.
He told me I had severe IBS and Acid Reflux. He put me on aciphex (sp?). The meds worked but I would have to take them pretty much every day for the rest of my life and they were crazy expensive at the time. I stopped taking them. I know, I'm stubborn. He told me an alternative would be to completely change my diet. No chocolate, no spearmint gum, no spicy food, no caffeine, no alcohol...the list goes on. So I bit the bullet and complied. I would like to tell you that I was fine after that but it literally did not do me a bit of good. In fact, it usually does not help despite what people will tell you. The severity of the IBS and Acid Reflux comes and goes though so I ignored it as it subsided. Awhile later I decided to get a colonoscopy and an endoscopy (upper and lower). Come to find out I had level 2 esophagitis but seemingly nothing wrong with my stomach. No parasites, no nothing. The doctor gave me a prescription for protonix. It's great medicine but alas I am taking it every day and it doesn't always work.
Now I am seeing a therapist because I believe that all of these health problems including depression that I have fallen into is caused by some sort of anxiety that my body does not know how to deal with. All of this has escalated to panic attacks, huge weight fluctuations, poor self-esteem, ect. If you're still reading this then my point of this long entry is this: Don't let something get out of control. If you think something is wrong, then there probably is. We have a "gut feeling" for a reason. Make sure you always cover your bases. Doctors are great but they are not you and can only diagnose what you tell them. If you are having major stomach issues take all of these possible causes into account:

-IBS
-Acid Reflux
-Parasites
-Psychological Reasons
-Stress
-Vitamin Deficiencies
-Diet/ lack of nutrients
-Organ Malfunction
ect...

Be an educated patient. Thanks for your time.
-Ashley

hi, im an 18 year old male

i had a migraine a couple weeks ago (first one ever, was absolutely freaking out) and the same day i became constipated. i was constipated for 2 or 3 days and then had a bowel movement in the morning, but it wasn't hard it looked rather soft. right after that i didn't have a bowel movement for a couple more days and when i did it was in the morning and also soft. now i only have a bowel movement in the morning even though it feels like i have to go at other points in the day. and when i do have a bowel movement it looks soft. also since the migraine ive been dizzy and nauseated on and off very frequently.

does anyone know what this could be?

ive been to the doctor and she just said to eat more fruit and vegatables and drink more water and it should just pass, but i didnt feel like i was properly examined so im going back to my regular doctor on monday.

please help if anyone can

hi, im an 18 year old male

i had a migraine a couple weeks ago (first one ever, was absolutely freaking out) and the same day i became constipated. i was constipated for 2 or 3 days and then had a bowel movement in the morning, but it wasn't hard it looked rather soft and loose. right after that i didn't have a bowel movement for a couple more days and when i did it was in the morning and also soft and loose. now i only have a bowel movement in the morning even though it feels like i have to go at other points in the day. and when i do have a bowel movement it is soft and loose. also since the migraine ive been dizzy and nauseated on and off very frequently.

does anyone know what this could be?

ive been to the doctor and she just said to eat more fruit and vegatables and drink more water and it should just pass, but i didn't feel like i was properly examined so im going back to my regular doctor on monday.

please help if anyone can

my case is very similar to Greezy's. I had a baby 5 months ago and had complications which needed antibiotic IV treatment. shortly into it i caught C DIff, a bacterial infection in my intestines due to the drugs. I have faught it for his 5 months and it kept reaccuring. I finally tested negative this past week, but did before and it came back. I am scared to death each time i got to the bathroom.
I have the same problems as you as well. In the morning i get up have one normal BM and then about 10 mins later I go and it is soft, broken into many pieces and comes out very quickly, I have alot of gas before my BMs and then the sensation I still have to go throughout the day alot with the gurgling stomach, no more BMs for the day although I am very fatiqued and drowzy all day. I had colonscopy done and they say there is nothing wrong so I decided to go to a naturopath because i had IBS since i was a teenager and heard alot about post infectious IBS. Plus still worried of relapse of C DIff I'd like to try to avoid that if i can.
This is what he told me......I am allergic to wheat and dairy, my body isnt absorbing it properly and in turn my gall bladder isnt working as it should. My stools are also yellowish when i wipe I notice. This is what made him realize its my gall bladder. I am also type O blood, which requires a very specific diet, No wheat, no diary except mozza and feta, no ketchup, peanut butter, potatoes, pork, alcohol, carbonated drinks and the list goes on and on. you should google your blood type diet. each type does has ve restrictions.
I see him again in 2 days and he is getting me the probiotic Align and some other one to take along with the ones i have been taking. Its only been a few days I have quit diet pepsi and bread and slowly weening off the others on the list and i have noticed a difference in how i feel already. my stool is still the same the pain and gurgling has subsided ALOT. Im hoping he was right and after some time on this diet my BM's will improve. Because the gall bladder isnt working Im not obsorbing the nutrients my body needs to function properly and thats why I am so tired all day. also after an infection in the intestines or stomach it takes some time to get back to the norm. I would really suggest that you google wheat allergy and also your blood type diet and hopefully this will shed some light

I'm 19 years old and have had stomach issues since freshman year of highschool. Doctors initially thought it was a lactose intolerance, went and got tested, turns out it wasn't, then got a colonoscopy done, nothings wrong, and then told it may be IBS. But like a lot of others here, if it is IBS, it's not responding very well to a change in diet (although those Activia yogurts seem to help a bit). Stress doesn't seem to set it off, its usually only when I wake up earlier than my body is ready to be awakened. I know that sounds dumb but it's true, the earlier it is, the worse my stomach is. Last spring I developed bronchitis, and had a coughing fit for 4 months, but those 4 months were the best my stomach has been since frosh year of HS. Doctor thinks that the decongestant in some of the medicines I was taking may have helped, but I also took CVS brand cough drops religiously (have not looked at ingredients so I don't know if this makes sense) but there may be an ingredient in there that would help.

ALSO, I learned that the GI system can be affected by allergies. To a lot of y'all that are having issues early in the morning, my initial assumption (once everything else normal has been ruled out) is that there is some allergen in your room that is provoking your GI system. Try taking a zyrtec or claritin (whatever you find works best for your allergies) before going to bed for about a week and see if that helps any! good luck y'all! let me know if y'all find any remedies!

HI all,

I'm a 27 year old female and have been dealing with stomach issues and anxiety and panic attacks for several years now.
I dont have a cure for the stomach issues as mine are undetected, however with regards to the anxiety attacks, dont let this consume your life. Mine got so bad that at one stage for about 6 months I was too frightened to leave the house which resulted in a relationship breakdown, loss of employment and extremely low self esteem. Next time you see your Doctor have a chat to them about this, dont let it go, it can turn serious if you dont get assistance. There are plenty of options with regards to these, research them and get some books, its very common and not as obscure as you may think. I've tried hypnotherapy, relaxation exercises, medidation and counselling, the only one to really work was medidation and relaxation exercises, but I'm now taking Lexapro (5mg) which is an antianxiety drug, similar to antidepressents. Again, these drugs are very common and to my knowledge, I have a few friends that may have been on them at some stage.

Keep your head up, get some help with regards to the anxiety and the relaxation will help your stomach too.

I wish you all the best.

As I was reading this thread I kept hoping somebody would post up the silver bullet. It seems my story is very similar to several of yours.

35 year old male. 18 months ago I came down with a GI parasite after taking antibiotics. Suspect C Diff but all tests came back negative. Took me 6 months and 50 lbs of weight loss to be taken serious (docs kept turning me away suggesting it was probably mild IBS). Eventually my GI doc scoped me at both ends and found tons of GI inflamation, suggesting parasite (possibly allergy, but not as likely). Treated with two strong antibiotics and the symptoms began to fade. It took several months to return to normal, which GI doc said could be expected as my guts had been damaged by the bug and needed time to heal.
All has been very close to normal (though not completely) for months since, except about 5 weeks ago I started getting the same symptoms you all describe here. I wake up in the morning, have a quick, normal poop. Then 15-20 minutes later I have a large really soft poop and feel like my intestines arent stopping the flow at all, instead just sending their entire contents out. I may need a 3rd or fourth sitting, but its all done within 90 minutes of waking. Then for anywhere from a couple hours to most of the day my midsection feels uncomfortable. Nothing sharp, nothing super-painful, just constantly uncomfortable. And there is no desire to eat. I have also noticed the poops a bit more yellow then usual, but i was under the understanding that the yellows and browns are mostly a good thing as a result of liver and gallbladder doing their jobs. Pale or white are bad.

As a side note: all the weight loss from the original parasite packed my liver with fat and put an overload on my gallbladder, so I developed some stones. I've been slowly clearing them instead of getting the GB removed, as I would like to keep my organs if possible.

Tried altering my diet. No change.
Tried altering my pepermint oil intake (good for calming IBS a bit). No change.
Tried eating at different times. No change.
Tried taking in much more or much less fluids. No change.
Next is to bump up the fiber intake, but I dont feel confident on that one.

I cant help but wonder if the parasite is actually gone, or if it just went dormant and is slowly trying to reassert itself.

Hey Ladies and Gents,

I'm a 25 year old male and I only recently started having somewhat annoying bowel movements in the morning myself and well my story sounds pretty much the same like your own. I haven't got any tests done yet because I wasn't really convinced that I might have something. But my story is very similar to Greezy's ....Bowel Movement accompanied by Nausea.. I think what may be a reason for all of us is simply stress in combination with sub-conscious Hyperventilation as this can lead to not just being constipated but also increase bowel movement intensely. Also I have noticed that 2 days after consuming slightly larger amounts of alcohol my stomach simply acts up. Now for anyone out there who has the same problem it really is just due to the alcohol (my mother happens to be a GP so I frequently ask about stuff). If it happens for no obvious reasons (and that seems to be the case for most of you) and nothing comes back in terms of positive test results it really may just be a stress factor.

Just ask yourself how much stress am I subject to during a normal day. I don't have much stress but I am the type that always thinks 50 years ahead if you know what I mean. Also, how much water do you consume during a day? How much sleep do you get? It may really be a life-style issue as well and well read up about HyperVentilation.

To people with panic attacks and anxiety...I have had that as well what really helped me was looking in the mirror (yeah I know it sounds cheesy) and telling myself that life is simply not worth living if I am constantly worried/afraid of things to happen or go wrong or whatever. So whenever you get a panic attack or anxiety attack (if you can) look at yourself, count to 10 let the fear do its thing and then simply carry on and deny entry. At least it worked for me. It'll be a continuous fight but thats just the way it is.

Back to the bowel movements...I am not sure myself but if all tests come back as you being okay then I would really really suggest that it is probably something on a mental level. Thereby I am not saying that you are a nutjob but as pointed out earlier there is a lot of things that affect our subconscious without us really noticing. So maybe try to look back as in what your life was like at the point of your bowels acting up the first time. Oh and Greezy before I forget it....When you feel nauseous after bowel movements try breathing calmly and drinking water. Works for me.

Hope this is helping anyone.