I had my gallbladder removed 6/17/09. Came through the surgery well -- no pain meds; back at work the next day. I am very careful not to eat fats, but I still am battling diarrhea. :O What can I do to control it? I have a trip planned for this Friday, and I won't be around a bathroom 24/7. I also have plans to fly to a beach the following Friday (7/3/09). Some have said that Calcium carbonate works well (Caltrate 600 Plus with Vitamin D). Can anyone shed any light on this or give me any other hope?

Psyllium fiber supplement, a natural bulk forming laxative, may help with your diarrhea. The psyllium fiber is hydrophilic, and will imbibe many times its volume in water to make your stool solid.

Citrical(calcium)works great for me. Also, Citrucel which is like psyllium but you can get it in tablets which I find MUCH easier to take than drinking sludge! Also, Questran worked well for my husband. It requires a prescription though. This is a common problem following gallbladder surgery. Oh, I forgot, my husband's GI doctor told him he could take Lomotil. When I asked him about it how long and the side effects, he said take as many as you need for as long as you need. He said irritable bowel type problems are okay for long term use of this drug.