ok i know this sounds gross, but yesterday when i coughed i passed gas and noticed my underwear felt really wet. So I immediatley went to the bathroom and it was diarreah. It was alot, it went through my underwear. So embarrasing. I hadn't been having any problems with my bowel movement, so I have no idea why this happend. I am 21 yr old female. Any help would be appreciated.

You have a bad case of stress fecal incontinence. Psyllium fiber supplements, a bulk forming laxative, can make your stool solid and help prevent diarrhea. Kegel exercises can help strengthen your anal sphincter muscle and improve control.

I am so sorry to hear that happened! I know that feels embarrassing but belive me, it happens to the best of us. I don't think that there's many people out there who can pretend that they haven't done the same thing before. Let me troubleshoot this a little bit: do you drink a lot of caffeine at all? Do you normally have solid stool? Let me know!

I have caffeine from diet sodas I drink and I normally do have a solid stool.

That's what I thought. The thing is that if you take in too much caffeine, it can make your stool soft, and on top of that it can make it so that you have to go to the bathroom much more quickly than you should. If you want to try to avoid this in the future, I'd say scale back on the soda. How much do you drink?