Hello, I am 17 and seem to be having problem for quite awhile now. I would like to share my symptoms with you and I would like to do it in the most detailed way that I can.

Okay so the symptoms started back in January of 2011. I was having trouble passing bowels and it was putting me in severe pain. So I went to the Emergency Room, and what they told me was that I was having constipation and was filled with quite a bit of gas. So they put me on a laxative, can't remember the name. I took it and it seemed to work to help pass the bowel and get rid of the pain. The doctor also took a look at my anus and said everything looked fine.

About a week later, I was having more pains down near my anus and it was making it really painful to sit down. So I examined it myself. There was a bulging purple-ish bump near the outside of my anus. So I called the doctor and they insisted it was a hemorrhoid. They told me to take some Ibuprofen and see if the pain went away and to call them if I started seeing blood in my stool. So I waited a few days and the pain eventually went away and I never had blood in my stool.

After that I had just a few problems which were some stomach pains from gas and had a bit more constipation. Later on football season came and that seemed to pretty much get rid of all of my problems and keep them away for awhile.

Then winter came, and I got pretty lazy..meaning I stay inside a lot and do things on the computer and play video games. Basically sitting on my butt a lot. Then the pains started coming again. I was feeling constipation and severe pain while trying to push the stool out. What I ended up doing was sitting in the bathtub full of hot water to help get it out. Finally, after getting past that bowel movement the pain seemed to go away.

Now I am having more problems. As I am sitting I sometimes feel pain near my anus and I rarely have a bowel movement. Everytime I try to pass gas it seems like something is blocking it from exiting properly and sometimes feels like I push something out of my anus and it goes back in. Also, I seem to have had a anal discharge that smelt horrible. It was the first time anything like that happen, and embarrassing enough it was in front of my girlfriend. These are my current symptoms that are still going on, except the discharge was just one time. Also I am having back pains and slight abdominal pains.

Everything that I explained in the last paragraph is what I am dealing with to this minute and if you have any help at all I would appreciate it. I feel I am too young for these problems and it scares me to death. It also makes me feel depressed and I sometimes find myself telling my girlfriend that I am dieing. Please help, I am really scared and I plan on going to see a doctor within the next few days. I would just like to hear from you guys first.

Thanks for your time.

It sounds like you are having bouts of constipation brought on by lack of exercise and probably changing your diet would help too.  We have all been there.  The feelings you are describing are all too familiar.  Welcome to adulthood :)
I have some suggestions.  Have you ever smelled a plant pot that the plant died in and is too wet?  The bacteria in it are a kind that makes a horrible odor.  We have a lot of bacteria in our intestines and if they sit there for a while when we are constipated they begin to make gas and smell bad.  If you replace the bad smelling bacteria with acidophilis bacteria (sold in health food stores - the best for me is the liquid ) your gas won't have an odor.  The acidophilis liquid tastes "different" but you can get used to it if you try.  If you eat a lot of fruits and vegetables with a lot of fiber you can get your intestine to move things along and stop the constipation.  Exercise (like football) will help a lot.  Good luck with the teens.

Agree with Freya, take a lot of fibers, fruits, vegetables, drink a lot of water, and take supplements. Also look into getting colon hydrotherapy. You should that type of service in your area. Good Luck!

You should go to your GI doctor and get a CT scan. You could have a slight bowel impaction. It's very important to be able to freely "pass gas".

You may have a gluten allergy!! I had the exact same symptoms and it took a couple of years I am now 24 and I went to a specialist thinking I had something else but they tested me for this and it was dead on! Was a simple blood draw and test for gliadin antigens. After being diagnosed as lazy( exercise just masks symptoms by forcing bowel movements), having IBS(irritable bowel syndrome), hypochondriac, fat, and depressed (consuming gluten when allergic to it prevents absorption of vitamin D, an essential vitamin for happiness, because the villi that line your intestines lay down flat and stop moving food, this also prevents most nutritional absorption of any kind. Go back to your doc and bring this up. The worst they can say after a blood test is nope not it lets keep searching. In that case, you will keep searching til you find the cause. There are so many bowel diseases out there you should probably go to a gastroenterologist. Good luck and I hope this helps!!! Also you are 17 and hormonal. Sometimes horonones play a role in gases being produced in the body.