Yep!! Actually I was getting a massage last week and my boobs were so sore and felt like they were burning. Also the nausea. I notice it now cause before I was nausea all the time and now it’s just by what I think is ovulation

hi everyone, I could really use some words of encouragement right now and I would love to know how all of you are recovering. I’m 19, I started bc October 2017 to regulate my period because I was having PCOS symptoms especially irregular periods. My last month on bc was March of this year, and to be honest I only noticed minor withdrawal symptoms like very light anxious thoughts that went away. In June, I started feeling really bad pelvic pain on my right side for a few days and I started panicking, googling what this could all be. When I went to my ob/gyn, he told me this was just because I was ovulating; he also did an ultrasound that came back normal. This was a relief, however since the beginning of July I’ve been experiencing intrusive ocd thoughts and I really wish this could just go away. At first, i was getting visual intrusive thoughts, I couldnt eat and I kept waking up in the middle of the night. Around August 18, I started feeling much better and had a great few weeks. I felt like I was becoming myself again. Sept 6 I got my period, I was feeling fine and a few days later when it was gone I started feeling really anxious again. (I also had a lot of caffeine which I’m sure made it worse.) The fact that my symptoms started again after a few weeks of relief and as soon as my period ended kind of assures me that this could really just be my hormones. I’ve reached the point where my anxiety/ocd is just about the “thought of the thoughts”, and I feel like my sleep and appetite are okay. Hopefully this is sort of a sign of recovery lol. One thing I’ve noticed is that ever since I stopped taking the bc, I’ve been getting my period every month regularly which is a bit strange to me. It kinda feels like the same periods I had when on bc, I haven’t had the severe pains I did before I ever started taking it and I haven’t missed a month. I’m wondering if this could be playing a role in all these symptoms? I have an endocrinologist appointment this Wednesday so hopefully the blood work shows what could be going on. When I got blood work at my gyn last year when she prescribed bc, my DHEA and testosterone levels were already elevated so who knows how they are now that I’m off the pill. I hope you all are doing well, and for those of you struggling like I am, just remember that this too shall pass!

oh I forgot to mention, st. John’s wort helped me a lot when I first started getting these thoughts. Now, I only take vitamin b-12 and vitamin d which I think have been helping. Back in high school I was under a lot of stress and started experiencing depersonalization and b-12 got rid of it within about a month, so I’m confident that it’s been helping me now as well. Vitamin D i started taking mainly because over the summer I almost fainted when leaving the beach and when I left a hot baseball game, and I think it has helped.

Glad I'm not alone in this! It sucks big time because I never had it before the birth control pill... nausea just comes and goes throughout the day, have had it since Saturday. Really hope it goes away soon :(

hey! just was curious what your intrusive thoughts were about? i saw an endocrinologist too and my DHEA level was high

I won’t go into detail but most of them were of sexual nature. I’ve sort of gotten over them, it’s just the thought of the thoughts that still weirds me out if that makes sense

does anyone’s depersonalization feeling fade away?? i feel like i have it from time to time and it worries me that it will turn into a disorder and i also have an anxiety disorder so it makes me even more worried. i’m about 6 months off but 5 months of feeling the symptoms.

Rising Star

Just an update - after over 6 months of being off of the BC pill and being put on anti-anxiety and anti-depression medication I still feel the anxiety pretty strongly a little before and during my period and don't feel my meds working as well during this time so I KNOW for a fact it is hormone related for me. I've stopped believing anyone that tells me differently because I've learned to see the pattern with my anxiety. I am currently on vacation and have had pretty bad anxiety over the past 2 days (got my period on Saturday). It hasn't been fun but I've been doing the best I can. I was never like this before going on the birth control pill or coming off it. I honestly wonder sometimes if I will ever truly go back to normal, or how I was prior to this whole ordeal. 

Hey girls, I am a year and 2 months off and I wanted to know about your libido? is it normal that I dont have any libido? My boyfriend would love to have sex like 10 times a day, and it makes me feel so shitty about myself. I am wondering what is a normal libido, and I feel worse because I think theyre is something wrong with me... Maybe my testosterone levels arent normal yet, but its been more than a year, I am scared that I cant blame it on the hormones since it has been so long :(

Help! and sorry for this TMI post...lol

Anna, I am sorry that the medication hasn't been relieving your symptoms during this cycle! I do however, agree with you it being hormone related. I like you did not face any of these troubles before the pill. I think its just a waiting game! I just wish it would go by faster for us all. Remember you are not alone! Try to enjoy yourself on your vacation, I know its tough but distracting the mind can be helpful whenever you have the chance to do so!
Stay strong and remember to be kind and patient with yourself :)

Hi! I am around the same time off as you and have struggled with this as well lately. My libido fluctuates from what I've noted. However, I do believe anxiety and low moods affects it at times as well. It's hard for me to really understand it as I started using birth control early on in my relationship and so I feel I don't even know what my libido is like normally!

I should also mention birth control completely killed my libido!

hey everyone, this thread does not seem as active as it once ways. I went off birth control in feb 2018, I was on a trip on the time, went off the pill and two days later full blown panic. For the next couple of weeks I had no idea what/ why it was happening, when I returned home my doctor I was prescribed cipralex which I started as I had no clue what was happening. I was on the Cipralex for three months total, I found out about my hormones and birth control caused this after one month on it so I thought I would be in the clear after three months.. I was wrong.

I had good days and bad days, a lot of bad days, I started working with a naturopath, I had a dutch sex hormone test done which is a urine test, it showed that i had really low progesterone, really high androgens, and okay estrogen. The naturopath then put me on estrogen cream(Everyday) and progesterone cream(day 15-25). Starting it i felt horrible, and then things somewhat were okay, and then get really bad again. I went to a new naturopath who advised me that there was no way a 21 year old who still gets her period should be on estrogen cream and it probably made it worse. Today I am a month off the creams and I feel like I just went off the pill. Its the obsessive thoughts that are circling my head the worst, they surround death and existence and me being so scared that Im going to harm myself, which is totally not who I am. I have been dealing with this obsession for a month and although at first I was scared to be alone, i think I am either dealing with them better or they are slightly less.
My new naturopath has been amazing and actually explains the various pathways and what the supplement will target. I have since got bloodwork and my progesterone is rising, slowly but surely. Cant believe how long this is taking to feel okay again especially after the blip I experienced with the creams. This is truly the hardest thing I have ever encountered and the thoughts/obsession can be so strong at times but I try to remind myself it is all hormones.

Hi Anna,

Just popping by to remind you you’re not alone - we’ve all been through this terrible situation. Sending you hugs! Please take care on your vacation. I am a year and a month off and feel so terrible around my period and ovulation, not something I look forward to and disabled my well being for over a week. Are you getting headaches around ovulation/period as well?

Alicia

Hey! yes, I am PMSing this week and oh my god, its so frustrating, ive had an AMAZING 2 weeks... and today I feel at square one. I try and remember when I was doing great and how excited I would get to spend time with my boyfriend, but its just so hard to put these thoughts in my head when Im so not in that state of mind, I don't even want anything to do with him.... I AM SO OVER THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:(
Anyways, I hope that one day we will be free of all of this sh*t! I heard sucess stories :) keep up!