Also, I started taking the pill when I became sexually active, before meeting my boyfriend, so I dont know what my regular sex drive is, too!
Another thing that stresses me is that I started having these thoughts about my boyfriend about a month and a half before stopping the pill... I worry that it is the real me and not the pill... :(

How long have you been off? I got the thoughts while taking the pill too. It’s scary

Rising Star
Thanks so much for the positive message! I have been struggling with the anxiety a lot during my period and now even a little after it. Distractions definitely help me as well. And thanks so much for the reminder - I often get frustrated and forget to be patient and kind to myself. I hope you are doing well wherever you are in this journey.

Rising Star
Hi Alicia,

Thanks so much - its been a tough past few days with my anxiety levels rising due to the hormonal changes during/after my period. I am the same way - right around ovulation and my period I feel awful. Yes! last month I got the worst migraine I have ever had right around ovulation time - I had to stay in bed all day in the dark and I felt nauseous and just off the day after that. I usually get some sort of headache (whether it be migraine or just regular headache) right before my period as well. At this point I've been doing the best I can with what I have. I am trying to stay positive, although at times it can be really tough. I hate to say it but after 6 months of this I've sort of gotten used to it so I kind of know what to expect but I still do get frustrated. Anyway, thanks so much for letting me know I'm not alone. I hope you are doing well and taking good care of yourself.

Anna

Hey! it has been a year and two months ish :( So long to be dealing with this... I think that it will take about 2 years. I feel like I am still unbalanced, my period is now 3 days late, only old looking spotting. I dont think it is normal... I think I have low progesterone... Im Emma btw!

Hi Emma, the libido thing is such a pain. I feel like I have developed a bit of anxiety about sex which sucks.

Hello! has anyone had any problems with breast pain? I’m over a year off and I feel like my breasts constantly hurt! I don’t know if it has anything to do with the pill or coming off the pill but I figured I’d ask. I also developed a benign tumor in one of my breasts that will often hurt. Very odd and scary. I’d like to add that I’m 19 as well.

Hi just wanted to see how everyone is doing, I should be getting my period within the next few days so I am an emotional roller coaster! Hope to hear some good news from you all.

Hey! I’m due for my period too in the next couple days and the intrusive thoughts got SO much worse yesterday. They are usually always there to some degree and I can usually not interact with them but they have come on stronger. I know it’s my hormones but for some reason my brain is not comprehending that. Sorry I wish it was positive news

It is okay, on the contrary there is a positive, I feel less alone in this journey (although I wish you were doing better) I am on the same boat as you they have not completely gone away per say but they are easier to brush off, they definitely do come on stronger around these times. I hope you can feel a little sense of comfort too and that you always know you are not alone. I am currently 16 months off and honestly do not even know how i have come this far :( it's draining to say the least. Thanks for the quick response, I needed it really.

I’m about 9 months off but I was healing and then made it worse with estrogen cream, so kinda back to the beginning again two months ago but not as bad as the first time other then the intrusive thoughts. They are like an obsession thought that won’t give up. never thought I would be wishing for my period to come but here I am! I guess it’s kinda good as it’s a bit longer cycle than last time so maybe it’s trying to get to 28 days ? I dunno

Sorry to hear about the cream, I remember your recent post about it. Yes that's what my thoughts are like exactly for the most part there will be one prominent thing I obsess over and then i'll have another random thought and that'll push the old one away. It's like my mind does not know how to just let go! And to think that before this whole mess I was probably the most relaxed person ever, I don't doubt that this experience will make us stronger! It looks like this cycle i will hopefully be around the 28 day mark my last three were 5-7 days late each which is totally unlike me. I hope your cycle is starting to sort itself out.

Thanks ! I hope yours start to balance out soon as well. I wish there was an easy fix for everyone but I guess we grow through what we go through ! It’s so crappy watching those around me having fun and feeling good which makes me definitely appreciate the good moments so much more

Thank you, I really appreciate the well wishes. Yes this will be an experience for us to grow from. Tell me about it, can't wait for that moment where this is all a distant memory. In fact the less I remember the better lol

Hey girls, its Emma, Im so glad to hear from other girls... Im having awful days the last 3 days... I feel so sad, powerless and depressed because of these freaking obsessive and intrusive thoughts always related to my boyfriend. On days like these, I just can't brush them off, they consume me and I feel like crying all the time. Every little detail pushes me to the top and got me thinking "thats it, we gotta split up" and boosts my anxiety even higher. I am just so overwhelmed with all of this... Its been 16 months as well for me... Im starting to wonder if this is the real me... Also I dont really understand because these shitty days started at day 8 of my cycle... Now at day 10... too soon for ovulation... why am I feeling this way?! So frustrating because september was my best month so far, and this one feels like the worst... Im so sad :( Thankful to have some other women to talk to who understands...
xxxxxxx to all of you