I am a 19 year old male (virgin) and a couple times now I have tried to have sex with my girlfriend for the first time. As the title states, I am having trouble getting and maintaining a full erection, every time I get one that is at least close to full, it disappears before I can get inside of her. Even foreplay isn't helping very much. I definitely have anxiety about having sex for the first time which isn't helping, but I'm also wondering if desensitization from porn/masturbation is working against me as well. I have 1-3 times per week for the last six years. It's extremely frustrating not being able to perform for my gf. What are your recommendations? Should I stop watching porn/masturbating and work up a larger sex drive and just try to relax when I'm with her? Thanks!

Hi Guest,

Try to relax.  Anxiety will kill an erection very fast.

If it happens, focus on her.  Try not to focus on your body, just let it go along "for the ride."

Use protection too.  It may help reduce that anxiety - and can make you last a bit longer.

Good luck.

Hey! My boyfriend had the same problem! It's just a mental block. You're a virgin and you're probably nervous as heck! Just relax and take things slow. You love this girl, right? So it should be easy :)