I'm 16 years old and currently in a relationship. Before this relationship was my first sexual encounter and it turned awkward when my erection was not strong enough to penetrate her vagina. Since then I've realized my penis has been like this for quite some time, and the erection is not too strong. It even has a slight curve down. My current girlfriend feels something is wrong with her and there isn't. I've masturbated close to every day since I was about 10 and watched porn each time. I'm so embarrassed and don't wanna talk to my parents. Have I caused permenant damage? Do I need medical help? I've noticed after waiting a few days my erection is a bit stronger but not by much. If I wait for a long period of time, will my penis become stronger when erect? Anything helps and thank you

Health Guru

Hi, when you say not strong enough how do you mean because even a semi erect penis should be able to push inside a vagina if it's wet and relaxed, not knowing how much your penis is curved it's hard to say but it can be quite normal for a penis to curve down up or even side ways a little and still be able to enter the vagina.
When you masturbate alone do you get fully hard then if watching porn when your doing it?

Hi how often do you masturbate? Do you notice this softening only when you are trying to have sex and not during masturbation? Arousal is about 90% mental and being it's your first time or two and you mentioned it being ackward it is very possible that is what is causing your softer erections. If you are not totally into is or are worried about having sex, or your penis being softer or pregnancy,stds or what your partner will think about your penis ect it's almost a garuntee you will not be as turned on as when your are alone and masturbating. Does that makes sense?

No masturbation is the same for hardness. It's not a big curve or anything, and we didn't try for more than 2 times to achieve penetration it was just since then I've Been worried about it

I used to every day and it's always been this hard for a while now no matter what. It's probably about 80% erect if you consider a perfectly straight penis to be erect 100%. But yes that makes sense. Is there any other advice or is this normal?

This is normal and basically you have to just relax and not worry . It may be better until you are a little older. Was her idea or your idea to have sex?

Health Guru
As biomajor said it could be down to just trying to hard and being concerned about your first time, if the first time you tried was rushed or you wasn't relaxed because you wasn't alone in the house and concerned about getting found out then that can play a part also because of the first attempt not working that could of been on your mind and that will affect your performance too.
Has your penis always had a right curve to it even when fully erect because that is something that can be normal for a penis to curve up, down or even left or right when fully erect it doesn't have to be 100% straight.
Was it both your first times having intercourse?

Yes. In fact tonight my girlfriend and I tried for the first time. It was unsuccessful. I wasn't really hard and she was too tight. And attempt at putting it in, it just curved off to a different direction so it was very frustrating

My girlfriend wanted to for the first time tonight.....it didn't go well. I masturbated yesterday as well. My question is still. If I quit masturbation. Can I get hard erections? I have no background on this topic but I assume of blood flow isn't great, it's due to veins. If you keep touching them, they won't strengthen but over time the veins may get stronger causing better blood flow... Is this a thing or am I just assuming something totally wrong

Well it's a good guess but not totally on track. Getting a sting erection doesn't have to do with haveing sting veins but ore on your level of arousal and confidents. If you stop masturbating for a few days it should increase sexual tension (make you more arouses) but if you are worried it still may not get totally hard. You say you couldn't fit it in her vagina. How big is your penis and how aroused was she when you tried ? Is your girlfriend a virgin? If she is relaxed and very aroused and wet it shouldn't be too terribly hard to fit. Since it was her idea for sex Also ask yourself how you feel about having sex. Isnit something you want at this point in your life or are you not quite ready (which is totally normal and fine!!!!)?

Yes my girlfriend is a virgin and I'm pretty thick. It just seemed as though every time we tried it almost wasn't hard enough and it just kinda bent. So I don't know what to do. I'm still worried that permanent damage has occurred from over masturbation

I'm reading all these things on line describing damage to penile tissue and nerves/veins due to over masturbation causing weak erections and I'm really worried that's the case. Most of them are promoting products that they carry trying to sell them but I'm not sure what I should do. My erection has been like this for years and I've been masturbating for years before that.

Health Guru

When you tried to have sex with your girlfriend did you person any kind of foreplay to help her get in the mood and relaxed? If you didn't then that is probably why you say she is very tight.
The worst thing you can do is to look things up on the net because that will just cause you more stress and worry and will lead to more performance loss, most of the sites you see those problems on have connections to the products they are promoting and you find that 99% don't work either.
When you say your pretty thick what sort of circumference would that be in measurement?
Over masturbation shouldn't have any real affect on your erection where as if you have always masturbated while watching porn then that can have a psychological affect on how hard you get but you will get over it in time.
The best thing you can do is just not try so hard when your with your girlfriend and let things happen naturally, get her to give you foreplay then you do the same to her rather than rush into having intercourse and of course when you do have sex always use a condom to be safe.

Thank you very much. So in the mean time the best thing to do is to not watch porn or masturbate? Is there any point where I should consider getting professional help?

In addition, I just wanted to remind you of the fact that I get about this hard when masturbating as well. It's almost as if the half closest to my body is hard but the second half closer to the tip is not. Hence why I'm concerned of a greater problem since it's all the time