Hello. I have heard that drinking green tea can cause many benefits. It is good in preventing cardiovascular diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, high cholesterol levels, etc. On the other hand I have heard that it can be the cause for insomnia and nervousness. I am wondering whether this is true or not.

Hello. I am afraid you have heard well. It contains caffeine, so insomnia and nervousness are to be expected. However, it has less caffeine than coffee. Green tea can also be responsible for irritability, palpitations and dizziness. This is valid for those people who drink huge amounts of green tea. As with everything in life, you shouldn’t exaggerate with this. You can consult a pharmacist or herbalist about this. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

It's 2:30am and I couldn't figure out why I'm wired awake. It took me a few hours of thinking about what I consumed today and then it hit me! I drank four cups of green tea (new habit for me) today, two just before bed. I can't wait for this to wear off so I can hopefully get some sleep before my little ones wake up at the crack of dawn!