I have tried to drink green tea but found that it would precipitate a headache. I would like to know:

1. is this a common side effect
2. is it an initial temporary effect, i.e. will it go away if I persisted in drinking the tea.

I thought that the green tea would allevate head aches!

Thank you
Lexi.

Hi there, I don't think that drinking green tea and getting a headache is a very common side effect so my suspicion is that you may actually be allergic to it. Does that sound like it makes sense? Or do you think that there might be something else at play?

hi.

i started drinking green tea and each time, i got a headache.

i don't drink green tea anymore :-)

Well to be honest I never experienced a headache with green tea. As I know green tea contains caffeine, like coffee but in smaller amounts. And there for I just don't like to drink it late at night.

Yeah, green tea definitely has caffeine in it but this would be the first time I heard about caffeine causing a headache. Very strange. How are your headaches doing? Have they gone away?

If you drink green tea today you MUST drink it tomorrow at the same time in order to prevent headache.

To make this clear, you have to drink green tea again 24 hours later.

I have been drinking green tea on a daily bases since I was 10. I'm 30 now.

If I miss one single day I suffer a sever headache.

Don't start drinking green tea if are not ready to have it regularly.. I mean daily.

This is a common thing but some poeple do NOT have any problem missing tea time.

I dont think so, tea is good to relieve from headache. I dont agree to that. No side effect just like that.

Green tea encourages the body to release toxins (caffine, smoke, alcohol etc) The toxins can cause headaches, tiredness and nausea as they leave the body. It sounds like you are flushing these toxins out so encourage them to leave faster by drinking lots more water.

Green tea encourages the body to release toxins (caffine, smoke, alcohol etc) The toxins can cause headaches, tiredness and nausea as they leave the body. It sounds like you are flushing these toxins out so encourage them to leave faster by drinking lots more water.

No, just no. This is idiotic no sensical ramblings. If you believe this, you probably also believe in healing crystals and voodoo....

Try science, there will be a perfectly sensible reason for this, that does not involve 'toxins, leaving the body'. Read a book. id**t.