Hi, I am 42 years old women, and I’m at least 30 pounds overweight. I was on a diet for a long time, but it didn’t help me much. I decided to add green tea to my diet, because I heard it’s great for weight loss. Is there anyone who had a successful experience with it?

Hi, my mother had lot of success with green tea when she was trying to lose some weight. It is a great fat burner, it replaces caffeine, it's a powerful anti-oxidant (similar to vitamin C and beta-carotene), and it slows the rise of sugar following a meal. However, don’t think that it makes magic by itself. It is just something that will make your diet and exercises more effective. When my mother lost all that weight, it wasn’t just because of the green tea, it was also because of a diet. Anyway, I don’t believe in “magic pills” that burn your fat in three days. That is definitely not healthy. I will start to use green tea myself in couple of days, not because I’m fat, but because I want to improve my metabolism.

There are tons of ways to loose weight and knowing that green tea is one of that. You may drink green tea in its raw form but I prefer to mix a bit of lemon juice and honey to it so as to make the tea taste great. Also keep in mind that there is no restriction that you should drink tea only once per day; you can drink it as often as you want, and remember that the more you drink green tea, the faster you would lose weight. Some of the best green teas can be found at ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed. Cheers!