feels like a fluttering sensation, gas bubbles, gurgling, cant really feel it when I place my hand over the area; Seems to move around but stays on the left side. Right under the left breast/rib cage area.

I have the same thing.  Did you ever figure out what it was?

I started having the same thing just a few nights ago and it has really been scaring me.  I was relieved to see other people having this - I wanted to research a little before making an appt with my dr.  Then I read someone's post that said something about caffiene and it reminded me!  The very same day this started, I began taking green coffee bean extract.  That has to be what it is.  And even though I take earlier part of the day, I'm having trouble sleeping.  And usually caffiene doesn't effect me that way - I can usually drink a cup of coffee after dinner and I sleep fine.  Well, hopefully that is all this is.  If anything comes of it and I see the dr, I will update and let you all know what I find out.  Thx!

I had a complete hysterectomy min May of 2012. During surgery they found my bowel was attached to my uterus. They detached it and repaired it. I have have that fluttering, kinda like a buzzing feeling in my lower abdomen area on the left under my rib cage. Ask my obgyn about it and she just said isaw as nothing to worry about so I have never really thought much about it anymore when it does it. It does not hurt, just feels funny. 

I am a 52 year old female and have had this sensation for years. I have always described it as "a caterpillar crawling around" Someone else described it as a butterfly was stuck in there (mayber her's hatched) LOL. After all my research and trips to the doctors, I am summing it up as a muscle. If I have had it for 20+ years and nothing has happened, it cannot be to serious.