I've have fordyce spots on my lips for about 2/3 years now, i have a 4-5 patchs on my top lip and a 10-15 spots on my lower corner lip. It doesn't hurt or itch, just little white bumps and dry and chapped lips. I've first started noticing these spots when i dated this girl at about day 5-10. (she had spots before i met her) I got concern because my lips started to get very dry and then as the days went on, I've kept a check on my lips and noticed one patch on my upper lip and 2/3 on my bottom lower corner. I've dated another girl after and started noticing white spots on her as well. I'm not sure if this is only a coincidence but if anyone eles had this same problem or if you have a partner now, check them and see if they have it as well. I'm currently single and will not date again because I don't want anyone else to go threw this. So if anyone could confirm that they did not get it threw anyone else that would be great. I've went to a 5 doctors and all 4 but 1 said it was nothing (not even fordyce spots) and 1 said it might be thrush (which scared the sh*t out of me by google image) and wasted $60-120cdn on medices that didnt work because i do not have thrush. My understanding is that fordyce spots are tiny oil glands that get enlarged and is perfectly normal discovered by John Addison Fordyce in the 18 hundrends. If it has been around so long then why do the doctors that i went to didn't mention this to me. Fordyce's Spots are very common in adult males (50-90%) according to this site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fordyce's_spot At first i was worried my hole top and bottom lip would be coverd in white spots as I was not educated in what was happening to me. Reading others comments and sites i've learned that this things might help Blistex Lip Medex (conditioner) Trentinoin Gel with Alpha Hydroxy Acid Tocopherol and Argania Zilactin Vinegar 2 side exfoilatinf face wipe by "simple" Accutane for acne DO NOT TRY THESE PRODUCT WITHOUT CONSENT FROM A DOCTOR FIRST. APRIL 12 2009 I will try all the products myself to see if it works and i will post the results back online.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

If you are going threw depression, loss of confident, low self esteem, or even considering suicide. DON'T, because with everyone's help I will gather enough information to stop this from happening to anyone eles. Hope I've helped someone today. Jason

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I notice this post was a few months ago, this doesn't sound like fordyce spots which as you correctly point out are common in both nem and women. After reading your post im presuming you mean a male lip, i.e the mouth. As far as im aware this is not a place you would find fordyce spots. I only write this for new comers like me who are worried about there genitals. I dont know the female symptoms but males will have small spots, the easiest thing to do is to type 'fordyce' into google and look at images. It worked for me after literally ruining my life for the last 14 yrs, im now 26 and have always been too scared to talk to a doctor having 2 older brothers who have familys so many concerns came to mind like can i have a relationship, can i have children, and so much more. Today was the first day i actually discovered the name of the condition and what a relief, googling came up with a treatment called CU Cure, im sure there are many others if you google also, i just bought the first one that looked a legit company. Im just trying to share the joy of knowing its a common thing, google fordyce.

you should really do more research, I also have these spots and I have found unlimited web pages with information on fordyce spots on the lips

Fordyce spots can in fact be found on the lips of both men women. They are not contagious and are caused by the same misplaced sebaceous glands one can experience on their genitals