I was hoping that I can find some answers here before I go to doctor. Small, red papules occurred on my scrotum recently. There is no pain and I don’t feel any discomfort...but I am still worried. There are plenty of them. My girlfriend says that she checked and that they are probably Fordyce papules. How Fordyce papules look like?

Fordyce spots are small bright red or purple papules that can appear on the glans, shaft or scrotum. They usually affect younger men. They are painless and not itchy, but may cause embarrassment because of their appearance. Some people fear that they might be sexually transmitted, but they are not they are just abnormally dilated blood vessels, covered by thickened skin. I am sorry to tell you but there is no simple treatment to remove them. Troublesome bleeding spots can be sealed with a device that uses a small electric current.

From pictures i've seen on wikipedia (yea I know looking at a penis, BUT ITS FOR ASSURENESS) they are whitish usually and so are mine. Just look on wikipedia.

I only write this for new comers like me who are worried about there genitals. I dont know the female symptoms but males will have small spots, the easiest thing to do is to type 'fordyce' into google and look at images. It worked for me after literally ruining my life for the last 14 yrs, im now 26 and have always been too scared to talk to a doctor having 2 older brothers who have familys so many concerns came to mind like can i have a relationship, can i have children, and so much more. Today was the first day i actually discovered the name of the condition and what a relief, googling came up with a treatment called CU Cure, im sure there are many others if you google also, i just bought the first one that looked a legit company. Im just trying to share the joy of knowing its a common thing, google fordyce.