Community Administrator
This post is an extension of the Getting rid of fordyce spots thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

I've had these for a couple of years (15 in 6 days) and have been and still am pretty embarressed about them. When push comes to shove and i get sexually active with a girl it'll be nervewracking knowing i'm different to other lads and might freak her out. Hopefully the CO2 treatment is avaliable in the UK (I'm guessing this is a US site so more variety of treatment is possible) Thanks for your help guys, I know what they are now!

I have had fordyce spots at the corner of my mouth and on my penis and scrotum for a good ten years now. At first i know its a HUGE suprise sort of like openin up ur christmas presents, but in a bad way. I was very timid at first about what i should do, but i man'd up and went to my dr. and found out i wasn't dyin from some sort of penis disease lol. So ten years go by and you know what they are part of me and everyone needs to realize that. Trust me ive had many sexual encounters within these ten years and if you just explain what they are theres no problem, i know it's embarrassing at first, but u get use to it. I was so embarrassed to tell anyone from i think 17-20 and all i did was one night stands cause i didin't want the girl to notice them. So i was in and out like a ninja, but i realized that i was lettin these damn lil bumps rule my life and i had to change things. SO JUST MAN UP and realize that they aren't a disease, many people have them, and u dont have to buy a condom to be ribbed for her pleasure

Sorry to burst some young guys bubbles (no pun intended) but these are unlikely to go away when you finish puberty as many seem to hope/expect on the previous linked thread. At 31, I still have Fordyce spots and only began developing them 5 or 6 years ago. As the previous poster, another who has had them well after puberty, so eloquently put it, you are just going to have to 'man up' and learn to live with it.

Hey guys! I've had these spots for a couple of years now....I used to get really mad about them, BUT I think I found pretty good tehnique to make them DRASTICALLY less visible, or maybe even to make them dissapear...
First of all,main goal is to keep skin on your penis extremely clean,all the time...Also very effective is peeling,which you can try doing in many ways,for example, while you are in the shower, use your sponge or whatever you got,and gently rub your skin with the soap on it...Good results can be achieved if you use skin cleanser that you can apply on dry skin,it might cause some burning sensation,but try to endure it...This will,besides cleaning, dry your skin and make Fordyce be less visible.Also after having a shower,when your skin is dry, try peeling with towel,but doing this you have to have in mind that skin on your penis is very sensitive,so you have to be gentle...After all this,you can apply on skin some aftershave (75%-80% alcohol),or anything with high percentage of alcohol.If you were a bit more drastic with peeling,this can cause great burning sensation,don't be scared,it's alcohol cleaning your pores,but again be gentle...In the end you can apply some regular softening cream,I use Nivea, it did great....
That's all....also you could try shaving,that can also be good way to clean your skin...
Again,always have in mind that skin on your penis is very SENSITIVE!Don't do anything that you don't feel right about.
This 'tehnique' showed great results for me,much less visible Fordyce....Goal is to make them go completely! :-D

So...GOOD LUCK guys,hope I've been helpful....

im glad that im not alone here, was afraid i had an std for so long.although now i wish i did have an std cos at least its relatively temporary.i just dont know how i can have an active sex life with these. they are really getting me down. im a girl too,and it seems less common in women,great one of the chosen few! just wonderin if anyone knows what aggravates them because at the moment i can see them developin around my lips, nostrils, under my eyes etc.i jus feel like iv been taken over by this horrible "natural occurance" going to look into treatment soon

PHEW!
I'm 14 and was terrified i was born with some horrible STD.
I just noticed them last year when they started getting bad.
I tried poppin'em like pimples but with no success.
Just this morning I thought "Im not going to let this make me afraid of getting close to a girl when i dont know what it is"
The first thing I came across was Hirsuties papillaris genitalis and i thought **** am i going to get this bad!!!!!!
but thanks for having this thread.
Once they arent danegerous and most guys have some of them I dont mind
Thanks

i was wondering.. i have ahd these spots for many years and always been embarrassed. even though i have done everything but sex they never said anything.i was wondering is this contagious? can i give a girl this? i wanted to know so i can tell the girl its not lol. but i wanted to make sure.
help.. thank you.

Definitely not contagious! Just found out about this today and i've had it for over 10 years. I visited a doctor today and huge load just rolled off my shoulders....

I hope i had seen a doctor sooner and not be miserable about it for a whole decade.

Since it's a cosmetic condition doctors suggest that no treatment is necessary, but here's what i gathered on this thread:

A lot of people have had bad acne and the treatment (accutane) to that also has an effect on the fordyce spots, though they return once you stop the treatment.

Tretinoin cream can slow down or reverse the spreading.

Some reported that a change in diet had some effect.

And finally laser treatment can also get rid of them one by one.

Also most girls seem to be fine with the whole thing ;-)

Please correct me if i had any grave factual errors.
Thanks to this thread i can finally rest easy!

Im 16 and had these spots a few years.. the worst thing to do is squeeze them as someone else said.. i tried it when they started coming and it just made it larger and more visible.. i think the best thing to do is keep your penis clean (acne cream can help) but nothing will make them dissapear their a pain in the arse

Hello!.. I've had fordyce spots on my penis and lip for over a year now.. Doing well :p and to answer your question, NO fordyce spots is NOT contagious.. I only wish i knew what causes this...

I have them aswell... On my lip and penis.
They partially bother me, at least the ones on my penis. The bigger ones on the beginning of my penis I find pretty annoying. They are probably bigger because they have hairfolicles in it, and they grow hair. The others are actually pretty small and I don't really mind them, as long as they don't grow any bigger which I do kinda fear they will...
I'm mostly bother by the ones on the head of my penis.. When I have a erection, you can see them so clearly..

Not sure what to do about it.
Heard about pure Vitamine A creme or pills once, though you have to get them on doctors advice. Not sure if it works though, but I believe Vitamine A reduces the production of the skinfat. Thing is though that Vitamine A is a vitamine which is easily overdosed unlike Vitamine C for example. It could have side-effects if you get too much of it.

I just turned 16 a few months ago and I have fordyce spots, i had them for almost 4 years and ive got so depressed over them and ive been looking this up last night and seeing their no way of getting rid of them is their a way i can make them atleast smaller?

Ive got fordyce spots aswell, never really worried me to be honest. I always had these bigger spots coming up the middle of my penis and never thought they were fordyce...they just looked to big and they seemed to be open near the top which was rather strange. I think i found out what they are, there called Sebaceous hyperplasia.

Quote from a website i found "Sebaceous hyperplasia is a common harmless enlargement of the skin oil glands"

You really should search on google images and check it out, you may not even have fordyce spots. There both harmless anyways, good luck ;-)

yo,

ive read loads of these forums, ive seen this one before as-well, but thort id give all you lads out there sum stuff ive tried and results ive had to give you hope.

to be honest it REALY pisses me of when people say 'oh d/w theres nothing you can do about it , its normal , girls dont care!!'

news flash, why would anyone want spots anywhere on there body, ESPECIALLY on there penis, thats why people use spot cream on there face!

well anyway, i cant remember how long ive had them now, im 18 nerli 19, think i had them since about 13 i guess, but i just thort they wer normal so never thort anything of it until about 15.

i also had bad acne on my body so i took accutane, that completely got rid of them for a while, but then they came back, i was like NOOOOOOOO, but ive used every tick in the book to get rid of those things!, tooth paste seems to make the skin smooth so u cant feel them, but make the penis whiter, but i didn't use it for that long, it seems to make the skin scab then peel, im guessing if you peal enough layers of skin away you will get rid of them, because thats pretty much what accuatne does. i also used this cream with benzoil peroxide in it, that defiantly works to reduce them etc etc, but all i care about now is buying accutane of the internet.

please write back to this and continue this forum!!!