Hello.
I am 19 years old. I have a problem that has been troubling me for 3 years now. I went to the doctor then and he said I have fordyce s spots. These are very small, wart like eruptions underneath my foreskin. They are yellowish and especially obvious when the skin is retracted. I have those more than 3 years and are eating me alive. I mean, it is just horrible for me to look at them and they are not helping my self esteem at all. What causes them? And most important, will they go away?

Hey there.
I completely understand your stand…
It is like that… fordyce s spots are not caused by anything, they are simply oil glands and as that are part of you. They can appear on penis and with some people (with me for example) on lips. Everybody have them, but they are only visible when enough of them appear on a mucous surface (lips, in my case, penis in yours)… mucous surface namely provides enough contrast to make them more visible.
I must disappoint you, but they will never go away.
I it is really hard for you to deal with them, you could try contacting plastic surgeon or urologist to see if they can be removed. As I said above, I understand your position, but I also think that condition as fordyce s spots is not unbearable… If you are worried or ashamed because of yours potential sexual partner, well she/ he will understand, I am sure, if not that is not the person to spent a life with, a?

Hi , I to have these things called fordyce's spots , and as far as an antidote goes , i have read that they appear less when the skin is dry so lately i have been using some skin dryer thing that i used to use on my face. It dose kinda work , they do appear less and a bit more unnoticeable. If anyone else has found that using something similar has helped i would be glad to here of it and what the secret is. Because it kinda sucks when i know i could be having sex but this damn thing keeps holding me back when i know it shouldn't , so when the time comes i guess ill just have to face the music and tell her about it. Thank you.

THey showed up on me recently because i was starting to use chap stick on my lips alot.

God now they are buggin me, they feel rough little like sand paper.

I am also one with this problem on my penis but however i do not use the treatment. Although no treatment is required, those with the condition can choose to apply Tretinoin gel or cream to the affected areas each day. This can reverse the effects of the condition over time and prevent it from getting any worse. To get the best results from Tretinoin one should use it along with alpha hydroxy acid agents which are normally used to treat acne. Tocopherol and Argania extract have also been linked to the successful treatment of Fordyce's spots.

I am also suffering from this but do not use treatment. Although no treatment is required, those with the condition can choose to apply Tretinoin gel or cream to the affected areas each day. This can reverse the effects of the condition over time and prevent it from getting any worse. To get the best results from Tretinoin one should use it along with alpha hydroxy acid agents which are normally used to treat acne. Tocopherol and Argania extract have also been linked to the successful treatment of Fordyce's spots.

i am 16 years old and i also have fordyce spots on my penis, i have quite alot of themalong my penis and then i also have them on my scrotum. They also seem to be when my scrotum hair has grown and if i for example pull a singe hair out, the spot in that position would give out the smallest white substance, has this occured for anybody else

yeah i have the same thing happening it really hurts my self esteem

if you sqeeze one of these spots can it lead to more of them? can they be a reddish couler too? can many start from just one? well i mean i had one and i squeezed it and eventaully over time more started to apear.

dont worry.  i've had them my whole life.  i am 26 now.  i have been with over 30 women and only one woman asked about them.  usually women tell me i have a very nice penis actually.  it has never stopped a woman from having sex with me or going down on me.  so dont waste the time worrying. 

hi, im 18 and also have them, their is no need to worrie as they are compleatly harmless, just one thing thought, dont try to squease them because this may just leed to more and more coming, ive had them for three years and have not had sex yet but i have done thing's involving my penis and not one of them have said anything about them, don't let them lower your self esteem as no-body will notice.

hi im 14 and have fordyce spots on the shaft of my penis will they EVER go away as it kills my self esteem alot!:(

I too am 14 and have them mainly on my scrotum. Does masterbating disturb them? Will the go away eventually or am I stuck with them?
They aren't that bad but it would be nice without them.

They are also coming up where my hair is...

I have these too and ive never been with a girl so i dont know if a girl would notice but lately ive been trying different things to try to get rid of the them and one thing i read about was using a nail file on them to take them off. I have been using a nail file in the shower for about 2 weeks and applying tretinoin cream twice a day to my penis. It definitely limits the amount of spots and if i did have a girl suck my penis or something i am pretty sure they wouldn't say anything about the spots, however they might say something about the redness of my penis cuz it does get red and sometimes it hurts to touch. So basically when i know that im going to hangout with a girl i just dont use the nail file and hope that the spots dont grow too much. I have heard of people completely removing the spots with a nail file but as far as i can tell none of mine have been taken off just made smaller. Sometimes if I use the file too much they will slightly bleed and i can actually sorta make out the 'seed' that people have mentioned before that causes these spots but i cant find tweezers that would be small enough to remove them and im not really sure exactly how i would get rid of them. i guess im going to stick with this strategy for now but i was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of using a nail file or if anyone knows how to remove them once you see the little whitish seed in the skin.