Few days ago I have noticed something strange on my penis. I think that is Fordyce spots. I have heard for those but never thinking it could happen to me. It is purple and took place on the glans, and really started to worry me. Is there some way I could get rid of those because I am ashamed.

Fordyce spots are small round 1 or 5 millimeters. Usually it is bright red or purple papules that appear on the penis. It could be on the glans, shaft or scrotum and usually affect younger men. Sometimes they occur as a solitary lesion but frequently appear in crops of fifty to one hundred. Normally, they are painless and not itchy, but as it is case with you, cause embarrassment. It is either of their appearance or a fear that they might be sexually transmitted. They are abnormally dilated blood vessels that are covered with thickened skin. During intercourse if they are injured, sometimes could bleed. Cause that makes them occurs in unknown but they are not infectious. There is no simple, reliable treatment to remove them, though there have been tried a number of approaches. Electrocautery is small electric current device that can sealed those troublesome bleeding spots.

Do they ever go away?

Guest wrote:

Do they ever go away?

I had Fordyce's spot when i was around 13, and it really scared the c**p outta me around that time not knowing exactly what it was, but it wasn't good looking, around the years, took me two years it just fades away bit by bit by itself. At first it looked very terrible but now its not noticeable. So Goodluck!!

im scared about mine. i had them for like a yaer now

same here. Im just hoping they go

As long as its not infectious or a disease then i can live with them.

ive noticed if you use an acne cream it can lessen their appearance from the drying of the skin. But it wont remove them.

o.O i allways woudered what they wer. i was to shy to go to the doctor over them :$ i wish i could get rid of them

I had them for almost 3 years and it looks like there going away very slowly

Thank god i know what their are they were really scaring me

hey man what did you use to get rid of it?

Wow IM 13 and i was trying to find out what it was because i go shy around my doctor and I thought i had a diseas of some sort wow... Im so glad...

yeah i noticed my fordyce spots when i was 12 and thought i had genital warts :-P but now im 16 and have been with a few girls and they wern't botherd so i say f**k IT. dont let it embarrass you coz there's nothing wrong with them and theres nothing wrong with you.

i had fordyce sports wen i was about 13 and i never askd wat they wer just assumed they wud go. at the time i had fairly bad acne and i used these really strong tablets 2 get rid of my acne which it did(from the hospital) and it also got rid of my fordyce spots completely ..but now tht i got rid of my acne n have no need 4 the tablets they came back but tn as bad so i am going 2 try and take them again!!! u shud try 2