I have heard before that men are understandably concerned when they notice spots on the penis. I was never thinking about this, until I have noticed I have foreskin papules. I am worried that might be a sexually transmitted disease or some form of cancer. I hope this is noting terrible, but still I am worried what my partner will think about these foreskin papules. Can you tell me more about this, and possible causes of foreskin papules?

Most foreskin papules do not have a serious cause, and you should not immediately think about cancer. Anyway, some are infectious and may lead to serious conditions, especially if you doubt of some STD. An early penile cancer may also appear as a papule before ulcerating, and that is why it is important to seek prompt medical advice about any foreskin papules. Molluscum contagiosum is a common, benign, infectious viral disease affecting the skin and mucous membranes. It is a common skin condition in childhood when it is transmitted by contact. In adults, it may be sexually transmitted and this is probably the commonest cause of penile molluscum. It appears as multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug, so this might be the reason. A curd-like discharge can be squeezed from them, and it may disappear without treatment. If you have pearly foreskin papules they will appear as multiple, small (about 1-3 mm) papules. Foreskin papules may be mistaken for warts, that are not infectious and require no treatment, but still I would recommend you to see a doctor.