My boyfriend had molluscum contagiosum but I never got it. About a half year after my last sexual contact with him, I was with a new boyfriend and he also contracted molluscum contagiosum on the suprapubic region. He swore he was completely faithful to me and accused me that he probably contracted it from me since I had been with a man who had had the disease. None of his sexual partners ever had molluscum. I believe that I am an "asymptomatic carrier of molluscum”? Should I be tested?

A skin infection, Molluscum Contagiosum, is caused by a virus transmitted during sexual intercourse. Molluscum Contagiosum appears as tiny pearly growths with central depressions on the skin and it can be diagnosed with the help of microscopic examination of material from the growths. The signs may appear months later after the initial contact, so there is a possibility that you are an "asymptomatic carrier of molluscum”. The infection may have been present in a person for a long time without any signs. Condoms, when used correctly and consistently and where there is no breakage or leakage, provide effective protection against STD and HIV.

I have a very similar story but different in ways that may have completely different answers. It goes like this:

I recently rekindled a relationship with my boyfriend from 2.5 years ago. Tonight he told me that he is experiencing the same symptoms that he did right after we had broken up (which he had never told me about until now). We had previously dated for about a year and the entire time neither of us had ever experienced this "molluscum." He told me that just after we broke up he had these symptoms and the doctor told him it was molluscum and they were "burnt" off and he has not seen them since (2.5 yrs). I have NEVER experienced these symptoms and neither have any of the people I have had relationships with before or after this earlier relationship. We restarted our relationship about a month ago and the first few times we had sex there were no signs, but this past weekend we slept together and the next day he says the same bumps appeared, so he is very sure it is coming from me. He has had 4 short term partners since our last relationship and i have had the same, but none of mine experienced this and he didnt get it after any of his other partners. So now we are both under the impression that I may be a carrier with a good immune system and he may have a weaker than normal one. Do you have any insight on this? Sadly, he is so uncomfortable with this molluscum that he says if it is coming from me that he may not be able continue our relationship.

Is there any way to really know what is going on?

My daughter contacted it from a friend when she was 9 yrs old, it's highly contagious. We got rid of it by using a product called Silver Cure liquid bandage..I think any old liquid bandage will work because what you are wantin to do is keep it from spreading. It takes a couple weeks before each lesion burst and it's during that time they spread..The liquid bandage keeps it from spreading. She is left with 4 little scars but it beats having a bunch of them.

Here is a reference for cure of molloscum using homeopathic Natrum Muriaticum 30c.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use