Hi all. I have one huge problem and you’re my last hope. I’m 16 and during last few months I’ve noticed these small bumps on my penis and scrotum. They are visible both when I am and not erect!!! I think that I’ve heard it is called penile papules, but not sure. I tried to treat it and even tried plucking but nothing worked. As I’m still a virgin I’m sure that it is not an std. I’m very embarrassed to tell my parents about it and I would really like to get rid of them. Please help.

What you’ve described certainly looks like bumps called that men usually call "pearly penile papules". First of all, I have to tell you that they are nothing serious you should worry about (apart from the appearance) and those are normal growths that appear around the base of hair follicles. Also, another fairly common condition is infection of the sebaceous glands and both conditions are not unusual. But, I’m afraid I have to tell you that If you really want to get rid of them, the best thing to do is to be evaluated by a clinician to determine a diagnosis and treatment. Take care.

Pearly penile papules are more common in non-circumcised males. They are harmless.

PPPs can be removed with a carbon dioxide laser.