Hi. I'm 24 year old male and just recently I have noticed worrying symptoms on my penis. Last week, during showering, I've spotted several pearly papules just under the glans of my penis.
I've become frightened immediately because I have never seen anything like it before.
I have read somewhere that this is the most common sigh of genital warts. I have changed several sexual partners lately and most of the time I have used any protection.
Please tell me, am I infected with some sexually transmitted disease. What should I do?

Hello. I see that you are frightened but please don’t panic. I think your symptoms are not worrying at all. The facts it that pearly penile papules are not STDs, but some people worry about STDs when they see them because sometimes they really can't look like genital warts. It is very common at man your age and these papules are in fact just small skin-colored papules that typically are located on the sulcus of the glans penis. These papules are completely normal and have no malignant potential. They also can't be transmitted sexually.
In most cases this condition requires no treatment, but if a man wants to have them removed for cosmetic purposes, laser surgery is available!

Pearly penile papules are not the same thing as genital warts. Usually, they form a ring under the crown of the penis, a bit like a necklace. They are a normal anatomical variation and occur generally in the teen years. They tend to come and go, and they are not contagious. However, if you have only recently noticed these, it is best to get checked out by a doctor, because they might be something else. You should abstain from sex until you have identified what they actually are. In the meantime, make sure you wash carefully and avoid harsh soaps or detergents that can irritate the delicate skin. Adding a penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) to your penis care regimen can help to maintain overall penis health, as well as keep it looking fit and healthy.