My fiancé has an uncircumcised penis. It may be too much info for you guys, but after we have anything but soft sex, he tears and it scars over. He is extremely self conscious about it, and it gets in the way of us having sex whenever we want, so I was wondering if there are any over the counter ointments or anything to prevent tearing and soften his skin without visiting the doctor since he doesn't have health insurance. This is also making his skin too tight to pull over his glans and makes it harder to clean since its becoming painful. any feedback is very important to me and him, thanks.

can you tell me precisely where the tearing is occurring?

Around the tip of the foreskin.

The only reason his foreskin keeps tearing is that you are suffering from severe phimosis. that is the opening at the tip of the foreskin is far too small to freely pass over the rim of the erect glans. im not sure all the options but getting a circumcision is one of the options.

He is definitely against that option as am I. Anything else that might be helpful at least?

The only thing i can really say to help was the circumcision. the more it tears the more its just gonna scar and make matters even worse. but its up to you 2. 

Hope i helped.

I had the same problem and was too embarrased to seek medical help and afraid of pain from circumcision. It was hard to maintain odorless personal hygiene - when away from the privacy of my own bathroom. There was pain, tearing and even bleeding durng sex. For me, it only got worse with passing of time. Chronic irritation on the job got really bad. The best thing I have ever done for myself was to seek out a doctor and insist on good pain management and have the circumcision. The procedure and recovery were pain free. Sometimes the county health department or planned parenthood clinics can make a referral for the procedure - if medical insurance is not available. If you offer to make phone calls to seek out options for him - he might appreciate the help. I wish someone had helped me get medical help sooner.

Grant67 is right. who knows having this done could change his self asteem alot. he might be really greatful and its healthier to have it removed.

I'm sure circumcision isn't the only option. Most doctors only refer to it because they don't know much about it. I was looking for remedies without going to the doctor and you honestly aren't helping. Does anyone know of something over the counter like an ointment. If not please don't state an opinion. This isn't even about him being insecure over having foreskin, its about finding a way to decrease discomfort and prevent further scarring. Infact foreskin protects the penis, its really not less healthy with proper cleaning.
Thanks.

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

See this site and you will discover the causes and care without excising his prepuce. There are stretching methods many of us unhappily unintact guys use to regrow our shaft skin into a faux-foreskins and intact guys are using these techniques to cure tight foreskin. Education on how our prepuces mature, and proper hygiene, use and care can prevent parents,doctors and nurses from causing these types of problems from happening to infants through adulthood. There is a steroid lotion that helps soften the prepuce.

Thanks. I couldn't see the link because it was removed but I'll research the cream. You were basically the only helpful one I've gotten.

Hi concerned partner:

The problem is that your fiancé has a foreskin that is too narrow at the tip. He needs to start stretching exercises immediately. He also can get some topical steroid ointment by prescription to help the foreskin to loosen. The ointment he needs is bethamethasone valerate ointment.

Here are directions for stretching:

Some guys have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen. When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and let mitosis do its work.