my grandmother was recently admitted to hospital following having being diagnosed with hardening of the arteries in the neck this has since caused frontal lobe damage and i would like to know what will happen to her now as she seems to be showing signs of the onset of sever senile dementia ad the loss of gross and fine motor function

I am sorry this is happening to your grandmother, and I understand you are worried what will come next now when she’s been diagnosed with hardening of the arteries and having a frontal lobe damage. Hardening of the arteries cause some major problems, and in your grandmother’s case these are in the neck which are connected with her brain. If these arteries are blocked then this part of the brain dies. It caused the frontal lobe damage and the lobes of our brains are essential for memory. This damage means that some objects could be recognized but there is no ability to capture new objects and remember them later. This explains why your grandmother became senile.
I am sorry to say, but at present the hardening of the arteries cannot be cured while the symptoms that are caused by it could be treated. If your grandmother is a smoker, she should quit immediately. Also if she has high blood pressure or diabetes, she should treat it in order to reduce the risk of further arterial problems.