Please, I need some information about stroke. I’ve just heard that my uncle had a stroke. Doctors said it was a mild one. Now I’m not sure what’s that mean. Is he in life danger or a mild stroke is not so severe. Can somebody explain to me what care the consequences of mild stroke?

If you think that mild stroke it’s nothing serious, you are wrong. Mild stroke can cause pretty damage to whole body. My mother had one and she was paralyzed. The paralysis may be just a weakness where the stroke has been a mild one. This weakness happens on the side of the body opposite to the lesion in the brain.

You should find-out if the stroke was ischemic (i,e, caused by a blood clot) or hemorrhagic (i.e. bursting of weak blood vessel). One of the most important things is location of the stroke (i.e. frontal lobe, cerebellum). Each part of the brain controls different things.

Hey, I've had two strokes (and surgery to remove the hemangioma causing them) and I'm still here and kicking!

I wish you and your family the best!

There is a diverse group of symptoms involved with a stroke. I can not really speculate what your uncle's symptoms will be.

As a previous poster hinted at, every stroke is not the same. It depends on where it occurred in the brain and to what degree.