Nine years ago, because of cancer, my husband who is 85 yrs old had one lung lobe removed on his left side. Now, cancer is suspected in two of the lung lobes on the right side and surgery is recommended. What kind of quality of life will he have with only 2 lobes?

Well,

This is very unfortunate to hear. I know that in some cases the surgery is not necessary but it must have been more severe case of lung cancer so he had to have a surgery. I also know that people are able to regenerate their lung but at his age this will be little harder to do. How long has he been diagnosed with the return of the cancer. In what stage is his tumor now? Did doctor do the biopsy again? Can you tell me little more about the medication that he has been using far past few years since the first cancer? I hope this helped in any way.

All the best,

Nelie