I had severe headaches, dizziness and visual disturbances. After two blood test I’ve done diagnose was set. I have rare blood disorder called Polycythemia vera. I am not sure how this condition is functioning. Is there anyone with same problem who can tell me something useful?

I’ve been diagnosed with Polycythemia vera recently. My symptoms were high blood pressure and excessive menstrual bleeding. I am currently on meds. I am not sure how it functioning except that increases red blood cells. The increase in blood cells makes the blood thicker, leading to strokes or tissue and organ damage. Your treatment will depend of your age and extend of disease as well as tolerance for specific medications or therapies. I know that one type of treatment is a procedure that involves removing blood from the body or chemotherapy or bone marrow transplantation.