I had bad luck to experience symptoms of Hodgkin’s disease. I am diagnosed with this condition few months ago, so now I am trying to find out more about it. I would like to hear if there is anyone, who might tell me more about my problem. My doctor recommended me chemotherapy, so I want to hear if that could bring me relief. What I should know about treatment of Hodgkin’s disease?

A staging evaluation is necessary to determine the treatment plan for Hodgkin’s disease with every patient. First, you need to know that stage I indicates one lymph node region is involved, for example, the right neck. Stage II indicates involvement of two lymph nodes on the same side of the diaphragm, for example, both sides of the neck. Next is stage III, which indicates lymph node involvement on both sides of the diaphragm, groin and armpit for example. Stage IV involves spread disease outside the lymph nodes, such as bone marrow, lungs, or liver. Treatment varies with the stage of the disease, so you should know more about your condition and diagnose to continue. Stages II and I can be treated with localized radiation therapy, with chemotherapy or with a combination of both. Stages III and IV are treated with a combination of radiation therapy and chemotherapy. The best treatment should be discussed in detail with a doctor who has experience treating Hodgkin’s disease. Chemotherapy can cause low blood cell counts, which is common to lead to an increased risk of bleeding, infection, and anemia.