Hello. I'm 34 year old male and I would like to find out some information for my father.
You see, he’s almost sixty years old and last couple of years he has some cyst-like formations on the back side of this hand and wrist.
I really don’t know what caused all this but I have tried to talked with him about visiting some doctor over it- but he refuses all the time.
I don’t know what to do with him.
Anyway, I have heard that these formations are called ganglion cysts and I would really like to find out more about them, about possible causes and treatment!

Hi. I will try to explain you some crucial facts about this formation, as you called it. To be honest with you- a ganglion cyst is a benign tumor that is commonly found on top of a joint or the covering of a tendon.
What is the cause- I really don’t know but I know that inside the cyst there is a thick, sticky, material.
Anyway, there are three possible treatments of ganglion cyst- live it alone if it isn’t causing any discomfort, aspiration- removing of the cyst content and surgical removal of the cyst!
Talk with your father and tell him his options and make him see someone because of it!

hi, i`m 25 years old and i had those "gangleon cyst" at the joint of my wrist, since i was 21, it kinda annoys me everytime. like my doctor said, if it does not cause any problem leave it or he`ll do a surgery which will leave a scar... so i leave it alone... then i tried wearing a bracelet with big round pebbles "like the size of marbles" trying to cover it from my friends. in only days i noticed my cyst is getting smaller. i had it for years and now its gone. i dunno know if my bracelet has magic or anything. it just disappeared when i start wearing bracelets. i think my suggestion will do you no harm, infact only to cover it if it annoys you... i guess. what have you got to lose wearing bracelets?

I'm 13 and I have one... %-)

I got a cyst on top of my wrist and it bothered me so I popped it. They are also known as bible bumps lol because people would smack their hand trying to pop the bubble. I tried it and the third time it worked. It didn't hurt at all and the only thing I actually felt was that I was dropping a book on my hand. I DO NOT recommend hard cover books because the chances of it hurting is greater. I used a very fat, leather-covered bible. It was quite fun my friends and I had a good laugh when it worked.

So .. when it popped, did the gunge come out of your skin, or stay inside ?