I developed a strange mass on the inside of my hand where the wrist is and I really panicked. I went to a doc thinking it was cancer but I was diagnosed with ganglion cyst. I didn’t even know one can get this. My doctor said he wouldn’t do anything about it because it is not so big, it is harmless and he wouldn’t touch it. I don’t know! I don’t like the site of it and I am just not so sure it is harmless. I would love to hear other opinions.

Ganglion cysts are harmless but if they bother you, you can have them removed. It is your choice! Sometimes it happens that they go away on their own. There are two ways to get rid of ganglion cyst. One of them is surgically and another one is aspiration with a needle.
Aspiration is used for less complicated cysts, those that do not cause any symptoms and pain. Needle is inserted with the use of local anesthetic and the fluid is taken out of the bump. You would also get a steroid to prevent the cyst from reoccurring. However, if the cyst is uncomfortable and painful or causing nerve problems, then it needs to be surgically removed. Since your doctor suggested watching, I suppose you don’t need a surgery and that you could do aspiration if you decided to remove it.