Hey guys I have been having constant problems with my wrist & I have had a really huge bump in it that I can't even bend it or move it without it hurting it doesn't feel like it's the bump that hurts but it feels like it's the joint I don't know I feel like it's arthritis but how do I know are their symptoms that I should know about or something?

I have talked to the doctor about it & he said it was just inflammed but I don't think so, he gave me medicine for that but I looked up what the medicine was for & it was for arthritis for inflammed ones & so now I am really thinking it's that, & I mean the medicine worked for the bump not the pain!

Does anyone know if I have it or not & how can I tell? Thanks guys

You may have CTS or Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. Do you experience any numbness or tingling in your hand or fingers? Do you drop a pen due to loss of feeling? Are you able to grasp and hold something tightly without pain? Do you drop things out of the blue?

omg maybe I don't get the thing where I drop a pen or anything like that but if I am writing I have to stop because my hands get numb & not only that but I feel tingling in my hands

How bad is this syndrome?

Thanks for this bbfeet9

CTS is when the nerves in your hand and or wrist get all tangled up together, cutting off some blood flow causing the tingling and numbness.
Many people have it and they get along with it, but it can be annoying and bothersome at times.
I know of 3 people who have had the surgery to correct it, 1 out of the 3 has had a poitive result while the others say that little or no difference is seen. My mother in law had the surgery and now she has a hard time moving her right thumb.
Surgery consistes of "detangling" the nerves. It is done either thru the palm of the hand or the wrist. It is an out patient procedure and is covered by insurance. Physical therapy is usually suggested after the procedure and the patient usually will wear a brace for a period of time.
A squeeze ball is usually recommended to help strengthen the grip and muscles in the hand. It can be gotten in one or both hands at the same time. CTS is common in folks who, well....use their hands a lot. Computer work, hairdressers, small piece workers and secretaries may be at risk for it. It is not life threatening and if it doesn't bother you all that much you can probably live with it for a while. It doesn't go away by itself.

Sounds like you have a ganglion cyst. In the old days they used to bang a bible over your wrist to flatten it. Go to your doctor it should be surgically removed.