Hi! I had a painful ganglion cyst on my right wrist for 2 years. About a month ago it popped on its own and my wrist was red and swollen for a few days. Now I have enlarged bright blue veins visable under my skin on my wrist and leading toward my inner-elbow area. A doctor told me (in passing) that I had hematoma under my skin but didn't tell me anything more. What does that mean? What should I do about it? My wrist is bright blue and the veins in my arm are lumpy and distracting. Although it is not painful, other people noitice it and ask about it. It's getting embarassing. What should I do? Is this serious?

I'VE HAD A HUGE UGLY GANGLIAN CYST ON MY WRIST FOR 10 YEARS IT WAS HARD FELT LIKE A GOLF BALL IN THERE IT STARTING CAUSING ME PAIN DOCS IN THE PAST TRIED TO ASPIRATE IT OF COURSE NOTHING CAME OUT BUT IT DID CAUSE IT TO COLLAPSE BUT THEN IT CAME BACK & BIGGER. WELL IT RUPTERED ALL BY ITSELF BUT NOW I HAVE SWELLING IN MY WRIST & IT FEELS WEIRD, IS IT THE FLUID OOZING OUT INTO THE WRIST AREA & IS THAT DANGEREOUS? IM TOO LOOKING FOR ANSWERS?

My cyst just popped last night too. Now my wrist and hand are a little swollen and even a bit numb feeling. I'm hoping that it will absorb and go away and that whatever was in the cyst is not dangerous. Wondering what if anything I should do.

I'm basically in the same boat, I tripped put my hand down and my ganglion cyst in my wrist popped..what should I do to take care of it/ prevent it from coming back?

What ever happened