I am a 44 yr old male that has been in great health (with exception of some weight issues) until just recently. I have lost a significant amount of weight in the last 9 months, 79lbs to be exact with diet and exercise. I am now experiencing difficulties with swelling knots in my feet, the balls of my feet and they feel almost like muscle cramps in the bottom of the feet. Today for the first time, I had that foot cramp like activity in my right hand. My hand was swollen at the palm, calus section, the knucke of each finger with exception of the pinky and thumb on my hand. As I called my wife explaining the symptoms to her, the end of my middle finger on my left hand, swole and became irritated while i was on the phone!

I do not have a clue what is happening to me but it is very strange, very strange. Hard to explain, and very strange. Normally I have a muscular hand with veins visable with a glance. Right now, my right hand is stiff, and swollen to the point that you can not see veins in the top of my hand! My hand looks puffy?? and the middle finger and ring finger are swollen to twice their normal size. It is taking me forever to type this insert, my hand is not operating normally??

This also happened to the right hand ring finger only about two weeks ago. I was on the job and started feeling pressure in my ring on that finger. I attempted to take the ring off but it was difficult. I got the ring off and to my amazement, the finger and joint kept getting bigger. It went away the next day and I wrote it off as a fluke, but with all this happening to my feet today and my hand swelling at the palm and the knuckle, %-)?? I don't know what to think...

Any help?? Any advice?? Please help....

Thanks.

Hey, I came upon your post while searching for the symptoms I am experiencing. I started experiencing these knots in my feet and hands last summer (2007). After October, the knots went away but have return just yesterday (June 6). I wonder if this has anything to do with the heat??

Have you been able to get any advice on this?

Thanks

Sometimes dehydration can cause cramps in your feet and hands. Don't rule out anything else without seeing a doctor first, but try to keep yourself hydrated.

My dad has knots that come up all over in different places. Right now he has one on his foot and 2 on his tongue. Over the years they have come up all over in different spots. All he has ever been told was it had something to do with his nerves, like worry or what have you. We really don't know either for sure but would like to if any one has any answers.
They are very painful. He always refers to them as knots but I am not sure what it is even called.

i have the same thing and I am only 23 it can be very painful. right now i have a knot on the bottom on my foot and my left big toe and ring finger is swollen. I get this in my hands and feet mostly. my hand and feet swell twice their size. lupus runs in my family and those are the signs as soon as i get insurance i am gonna be test for it. email me we can talk

I have had similar knots come up on the bottom of my feet, various fingers, and even around my mouth and lips. I can feel when I am getting one of the knots about 30 minutes before it is fully swollen. I starts with a little bit of a tinggling sensation and slowly starts getting bigger. They usually end up about the size of a quarter and are red, painful and itchy. The last one I had on my foot caused my whole foot to swell and become very red, hot and itchy. It stayed that way for about a day and a half. The 2 days after that I had several come up on my Fingers and palms of my hands, which made my hands swell up and become red and itchy too. It was so uncomfortable I couldn't sleep. I got my first ones about 6 1/2 years ago when I was pregnant. Then I would just get them every so often. Then I didn;t have one for over 2 years. I had the episode with my feet and hands in July of 09 and then I went to the ER with a knot on my bottom lip in August of 09. It looked like someone punched me pretty good. I haven't had anymore since then. There is nothing I can see that i am doing different or the same, no foods I'm eating or meds I'm taking that could cause these bumps. Any ideas on what I'm dealing with here?? I've seen several doctors and they just don't know what it could be. I have spent numerous hours in the ER trying to figure something out...Any advice would be great! Thanks and God Bless...

These "knots" sound like angioedema, which are analogous to hives, but instead of on the skin surface, they are deeper in the soft tissues. They have many potential triggers, but are likely immunologically mediated, sort of like an allergic response. They can occur with trauma, temperature changes, stress, and, perhaps most commonly, as a medication reaction (e.g., aspirin, ibuprofen) or food allergy. You should see either a rhematologist or an allergist.

I have strange symptoms myself as well... im only like 43 and its been going on for the past year.... strange swollen quarter sizes under my both feet occur in different spots every day at 5 am after long hours of working. It would get really pinkish/red and itchy almost look like a bug bites. then i would leg cramps almost every time i wake up....it hurts.....in the past i had quarter size swollen lump on my back but it never came back again after a few times. i did experience a suddenly swollen on my lip inside like i bit my lip or something but it went down after an hour or so...... one experience i had was i was barefoot going outside (two years ago) on the porch and it was sooooo cold in december....and suddenly my lump quarter size and then i went to the tub run my foot under warm/hot water it went down immediately....... oh well... im seeing a foot dr and he gave me a cortizone shot but the symptoms have not disappear yet. im not sure what to make of it....possible thyroid related? since thyroid influence the lump/glands throughout the body?
let me know if anyone has find the dx yet since i see old dates.
or contact me at ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

thanks!

i am sixteen years old and this same stuff just started happening to me havin knots all over the bottom of my feet itching and redness in the skin and my knucklees itch and fingers also wat should i do

I am recently having these same symptons , have u learned anything new

I am a 59 year old female who, for the past ten years, began developing hard lumps on my knuckles.  I was treated with quartizone shots and told that I had ganglian cysts. The lumps on my knuckles came back and this time I opted for surgery.  they came back, as before.  Now I have developed much larger hard lumps on the bottoms of both feet.  I rub them but they remain, making walking painful.  They appeared about six years ago.  They are large, entrenched and have remained there without change for years.  I am always stiff and sore, although I have been physically active all of my life.  Now mornings are slow and difficult as I attempt to get up.  I feel like my feet have no flexibility and it doesn't change throughout the day.  My joints have all become stiff and even the bottom of my left heel hurts.  Years ago I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  Is this all interrelated???

my husbund has the same thing with red knots on his hands and feet and now it has spread to his face and neck and head. went to the docter they ran test and said it looks like he has a bacterial infection in a heart valve. we are now on our way to a heart dr. so you may want to go get tested this is a serious matter

I posted earlier, as Ruth Anne Peterson.  I went to see a dcotor regarding the large bumps on the bottom of my feet.  He diagnosed them as Lapomas and recommened surgery to cut them out.  I am nervous about doing so as cutting the ganglian cysts out of my knuckles proved futile.  They just grew back.  Any suggestions? 

i saw the post you made three months ago. What is the result from the findings? i am have the knots in my feet and hands for months now??

A doctor said it is lapoma, soft benign tumors. Recommended surgery to remove but I am nervous about doing such. Says they can be taken out completely but I have so many of them! Plus I live in the tropics where it would be so easy to get an infection. One ones on my hands are something else; a type of ganglion cyst. I have had several removed in the past - and they came back!