I have a dark blue limp midway down the front of my leg. It looks like a vein "popped out. It's about 1/4 inch around and hurts slightly when I palpate it. It;s also dry and scales over. I have varicose veins on the other leg in the back. Is this some sort of varicose problem?

Hello Mamaknee3,

I would suggest you see your doctor right away. If anything on yoru body looks like a vein popped out the last thing you would want to do is palpate it. If it's a blood clot aka "deep vein thrombosis" and you palpate it you could dislodge it and it can travel straight to your heart or to your lungs where the outcome could lead to death.

It could just be varicose veins or something more serious. You don't want to take a chance. Half of the people with 'DVT' don't experience any symptoms. As for the dry and scaly skin, it could just be from the inflammation but in my opinion the skin condition is a seperate issue all together. 

What was it?