Hello. My friend has been suffering from lupus for years. I am not sure how serious it is. Lately, she has been experiencing some problems with her stomach. I think her problem is gastroparesis. Can someone give me some more info about this? I will really appreciate all your replies considering this.

Hello. Stomach functions due to electrical impulses that pass through its wall. If these impulses are slowed, then stomach does not function properly. Gastroparesis is the paralysis of the stomach. It can be caused by various factors. Lupus can be one of them. In 40% cases of gastroparesis, the exact cause is unknown. This can be a big problem. Your friend should consult an expert for help. I hope everything will be all right.

Hello shurwood1623,

It is great to see that you care about your friend so much. My sister is diagnosed with lupus as well and it is very difficult sometimes to manage all the complications and inflammations which occur due this condition.

Since you are suspecting on gastroparesis I think that the best thing your friend can do is to visit her doctor. I am sure that she has her regular position who is in charge of her case so he is probably familiar with her condition as much as someone can be. It should be treated right away and it will cause some life style changes, again, in your friend’s life. I hope that everything will turn out just fine.