Hello, folks. I have certain problems with my bladder. My doctor suggested me to do a cystoscopy. I must admit that I have never done this and that I am little afraid. I will need some basic info about this procedure before I agree. I would be very grateful for this.

Hello to you too. A cystoscope is a thin telescopic tube which is placed into the bladder. It is performed via urethra – a tube that takes urine from the bladder out. Cystoscope can be rigid or flexible. This method is required when there are frequent urinary infections, incontinence, blood in urine, unusual cells found in urine, pain during urinating or difficult urinating. It can also be used as a treatment option. This procedure is done under local anesthesia. You shouldn't be afraid. It is better for you to do it, because a cause of your problems can be discovered and then solved. I hope I've helped. Bye!