My doctor is refering me to Urologist for sistoscopy procedure. I am expercing frequent :-( unriation (4x's through the night) not so troublesome during the day.
Can you explain how this procedure might help.
Thank you

Celebrity
My daughter has had lots of test on her kidnets. bladder an uretha.
Im not sure on that one

Iv just looked it up. Its a tube to look into your bladder to see if there is anything there that could be causing your problem

Hello there Sue,

Cystoscopy is a test which allows your doctor (urologist) to look at the inside of your bladder and the urethra using a cystoscope .

This procedure is better than x-rays because on the x-ray your doctor can’t see well your bladder and your urethra. As well small and tiny instruments can be inserted through the systoscope and your doctor can do the biopsy of the tissue, urine and remove kidney stones.  

This procedure is usually done because of the diagnosing the cause of symptoms which are bothering you (in your case frequent urination).

Anyhow you will get anesthetic during this procedure and it would be best to arrange that someone drive you home after the procedure in case that you don’t want to stay in the hospital.