Hello. I'm 45 year old female and since this occurred I consider my self to be a very healthy woman.
Of course, like any other woman, from time to time I have suffered from different urinary infections but I had no consequences of it.
Lately I have felt some strong pains coming from my left kidney and urine constipation.
You can't imagine how strong and intensive those pains were so I immediately contacted my urologist.
After some testing he did one method called ultrasound and he discovered that I have one big stone in my left kidney and one in my bladder.
He suggested me that before possible operation he could also perform some method called cystoscopy and I was wondering what kind of inspection this is?

I can't believe you don’t know anything about this inspection because most women your age did it numerous times by now.
Cystoscopy is a test that allows your doctor to look at the interior lining of the bladder and the urethra.
Cystoscopy allows your doctor to look at areas of your bladder and urethra that usually do not show up well on X-rays.
Cystoscope is a thin fiber-optic instrument, like a tube with a light and lenses on the end and it is passed through the urinary duct (urethra) into the bladder.
There are two types of cystoscopes rigid ones and flexible ones.
You don’t need to be afraid of this method because it is totally painless.
Cystoscope can be passed along the urethra without an anesthetic but the doctor may lubricate the urethra with some jelly squeezed from a tube.
You should empty your bladder just before the procedure.
After your doctor do this, he will be sure how big your stone is in your bladder and what are his options in removing it.
A common but temporary side effect of this test is swelling in the urethra but this will disappear in a day or two.