Hi, a doctor recommended me cystoscopy because I have some unusually growth. However, after cystoscopy, I developed some others urinary problems. Why did it happen?

Hi, it happened to me too. I had cystoscopy because of my prostate enlargement. It was done with a local anesthesia, so I didn’t feel a thing. They used a cystoscope to see inside me. This little advice looks like a pencil, and it goes through my body with a lens like a microscope. After cystoscopy, I felt that something was wrong. I had to urine frequently, and I had burning during and after urination. I went to doctor, and he told me that it’s nothing unusual. It happens to many people that they have problems with urination after cystoscopy. Fortunately, I had only the mild symptoms. If you have some bigger problems, go to your surgeon.

Urologist always do not tell their patients the side effects and pain after CYSTOSCOPY! If they did they would be loosing $$$ I had decided not to have a cystoscopy after IVP CT Urine and Blood test were all negative. Having it done especially if you have a torn urethra will only cause more intense pain and trauma.