My wife has been taking ambien for four months. When she stopped to use ambien I notice that her behavior isn’t same. She is often nervous, she can’t concentrate on anything. Is this effect of getting off of ambien? How I can help her?

Hi! Those symptoms you describe I had to. The withdrawal symptoms are horrible. I first reduced dosage. Then I stop to use ambien at all. It was so hard. First, three days are worst, then she will begin feeling better. Be there for her. You must support her. This is very difficult for her. I understand you, when I getting off ambien, it was very hard time for my wife.

Boy this was a rough deal! I have taken ambien for 6 years taking up to two a day, and sometimes during the day just because I could. I felt anxious and like a junkie. I am now down to ONE a night, and hopefully within the next month will taper it down even more. My husband had to lock them in a safe and hold strong, even though I begged for JUST ONE. I have never felt so pathetic in all my life. I am so glad he held strong for me. I found other things to do with my life like cooking and sewing, rather than sleeping. I hope I can make it the whole way.