Can you not just taper down from methadone? I have been on methadone for almost a month and I'm up to 70mg a day can I start to come down by 5mg a week without that much of withdrawals? I'm on methadone to stop taking oxys.

Thanks
Steve
Toronto

Trying to find out the SAME THING.  Been on methadone about 4-6 months; went from Opana ER and Opana 280mgs to 120mgs Methadone.  Now I've gone down from 120mgs to 60mgs in 3 mos.  I go down 20mgs about every 2-3 weeks.

If I can go down on Opana's w/no Benzo's (they weren't working for last yr-had panic attacks 30 days straight) I can do this.

I'm just angry a lot - but then, not very happy in my Personal Life..... Was on about 12 scripts - Pain and Clonzepam (it's a benzo that a doc gave me to help w/this - but NO ONE IS OVERSEEING ME - AND CAN'T FIND ANYONE WHO WILL) - thus the forum......

So when I snap at something because I'm irritable-Big Deal! I figure in 1 - 2 mos tops I'm off this c**p no matter what anyone says - and doesn't look like anyone's going to answer us anyway.... Done the research-there's NO "X" DOSAGE that everyone should drop down - NOR A SPECIFIC TIME FRAME.  Everyone's different.  Just got to STAY POSITIVE AND KNOW IT'LL BE OVER SOON...I wonder if I should just drop it all at once and spend 30 days feeling ???  They pull people off 120-150 Methadone w/i 1 mo if you're in prison-read articles and the withdrawal chart.

Why is METHADONE different from OPANA's - THEY ARE TWICE AS STRONG!  Makes no sense.  ONLY dif is that it stays in your body up to 50 hrs -- I KNOW I CAN DO IT - OFF METHADONE, THEN OFF CLONZEPAM - SO I HOLD ON TO BELIEVE! BELIEVE! BELIEVE!  I've felt 10000 x's worse-believe me - changing from Narc to Narc trying to find the "right" pain med-ANSWER-THERE IS NO RIGHT PAIN MED.......at least for me.. Good luck-had to answer because I saw so many like ours posted AND NO ONE IS ANSWERING!  So that's my input!  HANG IN THERE-5 MGS/WK SHOULD BE FINE -

BUT I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG-GOING CRAZY SITTING IN A ROOM BY MYSELF 24 HOURS A DAY - AND THE LEGITIMATE DRUGS - EVER MO I SEE PAIN DOC AND SPECIALISTS - HAD ME IN BED FOR 8 - 9 YRS AND IF I WOULD HAVE STAYED ON ALL THE OTHER MEDS I'D NOT BE MOVING AT ALL - SO RATHER SOME MENTAL PAIN AND IRRITABILITY - AND LOOSING A LOT OF WEIGHT - THAN BEING ON DRUGS FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE...

I HAVE VERY GOOD INSTINCT - AND I "KNOW" YOU ARE GOING TO BE FINE.  YOU ARE CAUTIOUS BY NATURE - AND IF YOU START DROPPING 5 MGS. YOU WILL BE FABULOUS IN NO TIME. 

Many people dropped more than that and still worked, etc. - crissy1978...  I've done my research - lots - and again - THERE IS NO "CHART" except the AEGIS one which is soooooo old-you can google it - EVERYBODY IS DIFFERENT....  YOU'LL DO GREAT!  LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES!  I live in the U.S.

Forgot to mention - after 3 yrs I got off ALL the other meds - natural, compounded, EVERYTHING.  Only Methadone and Clonzepam to go..... AND GOING FAST.... Have other "conditions" - meds did me NO FAVORS - FEEL MUCH BETTER - NARCS ARE THE WORST THOUGH...