Will someone please help me find a clinic, doctor or whatever to get off of this c**p. I was on 70 mg to begin with and very slowly lowered my own dose i'm now on 20 mg and my doc said to stay on that amount because he was afraid it would hurt or kill my baby. I haven't gone through any withdraw symtoms and feel fine. I can't afford to stay on methadone and I am going out of town on a business trip on june 17th. I can't stay on this or I could lose my job but I don't want to lose my baby that's more important to me. I'm so close to being off Ijust want to finish please help.
Thank You!

OK! This is a complicated one, I would definitely advise NOT to go cold turkey while you are pregnant. Withdrawls raise the blood pressure and your heart rate - which will inturn affect your baby. You definitely cut back, if you are drinking the liquid have it halfed. IF you are on the pills, ask to have those cut down, check with your doctor, but please also know that you can actually use a pill cutter and cut the pills in half. or even 3/4 so don't do anything without doctors advice. You don't go away till June 17 that is just under a month for you to SLOWLY cut your dose down. When I was on Methadone, no one would have ever known. So how could you loose your job regarding being on Methadone?! IF you are on the "Tang" then ask to have your dose transfered to your local pharmacist - most will do this. Then they can give you a bag - usually under lock and key - with your weeks dosage in it. PLEASE promise me not to do this on your own, this is not only your health at stake it is your babies as well. Since you have been on Methadone for a long time, the baby will also be used to it, so you will need to be followed and he/she will have to be monitored while you are lowering your dose - so the baby doesn't go into withdrawls! And he/she will have to be checked after for withdrawls. There is usually breathing difficulties and irratibility. So even though I TOTALLY understand you wanting to be off this stuff, there are FAR more important things you want now, correct?!!!! Talk to your doctor, and do not go cold turkey.Good luck hon!

I think a lot of what Bambi27 posted is really helpful so I am mostly posting to support what she said. It is very good advice and it's also considered discrimination if you are ever terminated for being on methadone. You should definitely not try to do this on your own so talk to your physician and your pharmacist to help you out. Please keep us posted on how this goes for you. Thanks!