I've been babysitting a 6 year old girl for quite some time now and she's beginning to engage in awkward (for me) activities. She will hump pillows or blankets on the floor in the living room even if I'm sitting right next to her. The way she's doing this so often I'm positive her parents have seen it by now and I'm going to speak to thenm tonight about it. She knows the difference between privacy and being in public because she makes sure to only use the restroom, change clothes etc. Alone and with the door shut. However, if we are watching tv or just hanging out in the living room she will begin to hump things on the floor and doesn't seem to care that there are other people in the room! She is a very very smart girl especially for her age and I think she's masturbating and not participating in "self-discovery" because of the amount of time she engages in this. She has recently started taking off her pants and panties and climbing onto the couch under a blanket to "rub" herself. Please help! How do I get her to stop this behavior while in front of me? I know its natural and that's fine but she knows its a private thing.. and continues to do it in front of people.

Talk to her parents.

The only thing you can legally do is talk to her parents and see where and what they want you to do about it and if they even want you to address it at all, sorry but you are just the babysitter - unless if you are an everyday, fulltime nanny and again even then it's not your place, it's the parents. If they choose not to address it then you need to talk to her about it and how it AFFECTS you but doesn't make you like her less you just don't like her choices. Good luck

Thank you I am planning on talking to her mother tonight when she gets off of work. It just makes me so nervous because of how touchy of a subject this is but I know it has to be done. Thanks again

I finally got a chance to talk to her mother about it this evening. She said that her daughter does it a lot and that I should just ignore it. But it really bothers me. Especially when I'm eating dinner and she starts going at it. Is there anything I can say to her to get her to take it to her bedroom without making her feel ashamed or making her think that I'm mad at her for it? Thanks in advance

I finally got a chance to talk to her mother about this tonight. She told me her daughter does it a lot and that they've always just ignored it and that I should too. But it really bothers me, especially when I'm eating dinner and she starts going at it. Is there anything I can say to her to get her to take it to her bedroom without making her feel ashamed or making her think I'm mad at her for it? Thanks in advance!

There really is nothing you can say to a 6 year old, you can simply ignore it. You could pick up your dinner plate and take it somewhere else and let her eat alone (talk to mom and let her know you are going to do something like that first but keep her in your view still) and if the girl asks you why you did that then you could say something like her behavior bothers you and doesn't belong at the dinner table and that there are places to do things like that and that is in your bedroom behind a shut door where no one can see. Something like that, make sense? By the way, I work in a preschool if you couldn't tell. Hope this helps

Kids will be kids, ignore her.

I understand how you feel. My granddaughter is 8 and began masturbating frequently about 6 months ago. She has a favorite teddy bear and will hump it continually at night at bed time. She pulls her panties off and will do it around the house rubbing against things like the couch or a pillow as well. Her mom didn't tell me about this behavior and I discovered it when she climbed in bed with me one morning when she was staying the night. She would always climb in bed and watch tv in the mornings as I slept a little longer. When I rolled over and she snuggled into my arm and got comfortable I didn't suspect anything until she spread her legs a little and began masturbating. She had an orgasm quickly. I thought to myself that I didn't see what I just saw. I ignored it. That night she got out of bed again and came to my bed to watch tv. She had a long nightie on but put her head to the foot of the bed on her belly and spread her legs. She had removed her panties and started masturbating off and on for over an hour. When I asked her what she was doing she would stop and say nothing. I had her get up to the top of the bed and stop. When she snuggled into me she humped against my leg to orgasm. We had along talk about what she was doing and that she needed to do it in private and that grandpa's room was not private. Its been two months since our talk and she is still masturbating frequently but in her room. When I come into the room after knocking she will stop until I get ready to leave. It has gotten much better. Now if I can keep her from just walking in my room and bathroom when I am there we will be perfect. (I am in the process of changing my doorknobs to add locks). It is very natural and I have not made a big deal of it. He mom goes around the house nude and allows her to do the same but I have her wear clothes at grandpa's house (she refuses to wear panties).

Put her on ur hip or on your lap it'll be hard for her

THIS is to Anonymous from a ONE YEAR AGO ... THAT SOUNDS like a VARY BIG PROBLEAM ?? Have you ask her to STOP doing that ?? DO you have any IDR wear she my have seen this being done at ?? ARE there older girls that live near her ?? IF I was you IDD spank her BUTT !! if she wants to take off her UNDERPANTIES that is when IDD inform her mother & father !!! TO get her to a ( DR"S ) office for she sounds like she REALY needs HELP just TO see way she is doing this ... I do not know if my advice has HELPT you but my be it has if it has PLEASE wright me and inform me ? my name on this page is MISS SAM my zip is 31539.. IF you do replay to me just ADDREAS it #31539 and I will know it is from you OK ??? GOOD LUCK posted date 12/05/2014 @ 14:15 pm EST or 2:15 pm EST

Maybe it would ne better to not ignore it maybe she ikes you besides it could help you have some fun while babysitting